Alternate Locations:Houston, TX (Texas)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
This position will build and maintain strong business relationships with key sales clients to meet or exceed established sales goals, quotas, targets or objectives for his/her assigned Intermediary Sales area(s) of responsibility. S/he will build, maintain and execute sales plans with Advisors/Registered Representatives/Brokers/
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Develops and maintains a strong understanding of LFGs products, services and operational structure to enhance ability to identify and target sales growth opportunities for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Develops business on behalf of the Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) in a manner that supports a positive company image, in compliance with all required rules and regulations and ethical in all considerations.
- Builds and maintains strong business relationships with key sales clients to meet or exceed established sales goals, quotas, targets or objectives for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and recommends to management process improvements that reduce workloads or improve quality for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to ensure the proper processing of all sold products from time of sale to issuance.
- Serves as a resource to internal/external stakeholders for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Develops & executes sales plans to increase sales revenue & market share with assigned Advisors, Registered Representatives &/or Brokers.
- Profiles assigned territory & assigned Advisors, Registered Representatives and/or Brokers to target relationships to build & identify which firms/institutions would be interested in LFG offerings.
- Cultivates, manages & maintains Advisor, Registered Representative and/or Broker client relationships within assigned territory.
- Increases/gains awareness of Lincolns products & services with Advisors, Registered Representatives and/or Brokers within his/her assigned territory.
- Develops & executes plans to increase/gain opportunities to introduce Lincolns products/services, management & other resources to targeted Advisors, Registered Representatives and/or Brokers
- Builds & maintains effective long-term relationships with assigned Advisors, Registered Representatives and/or Brokers to ensure a high level of satisfaction & increase revenues.
- Provides information, education, training & advice on companys products & services to assigned Advisors, Registered Representatives &/or Brokers.
- Conducts site visits to assigned Advisors, Registered Representatives &/or Brokers to achieve sales targets.
- Provides sales support tools, sales & marketing ideas on Lincolns products/offerings to assigned Advisors, Registered Representatives &/or Brokers.
- Develops & maintains collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders to achieve sales objectives
- Supports Relationship Management retention efforts & looks for opportunities to cross sell & cross partner with appropriate stakeholders.
- Provides feedback & intelligence to internal partners on existing & targeted Advisors, Registered Representatives &/or Brokers.
- Ensures any potential conflicts regarding Lincolns products/services are resolved.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders on proposals &/or promotional materials for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Maintains sales call data in appropriate systems &/or completing sales reports.
- Maintains expense budgets to set limits.
- Meets or exceeds all department and/or sales goals/targets for his/her assigned territory.
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: - Making suggestions for improvement - Learning new skills, procedures and processes
- Performs other duties as required.
Education & Experience
- 4 Year/Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors) (Minimum Required)
- 1 - 3+ Years experience in intermediary sales that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position (Required)
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret both internal and external documents such as general media/publications, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, policies, proposals, and standard operating procedures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Evaluate trends in data or information.
- Demonstrates strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. management, peers and colleagues) and external clients.
- Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
- Travel Type: Regional Domestic
- Travel Amount: Up to 25%
- Upon Hire Certifications/Licensures: (Dependent upon Product Being Sold)
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.