Alternate Locations:Dover, NH (New Hampshire); Greensboro, NC (North Carolina)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
Requisition #63732About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
General Purpose of Job
This position will be responsible for performing monthly and quarterly close processes and preparation of related deliverables. This includes Journal Entry preparation, account reconciliations, process improvements and research as needed. This role will be expected to perform and deliver on routine assignments while simultaneously working on ad hoc projects leveraging and applying knowledge of his/her assigned area(s) of Accounting responsibility. S/he will prepare, record, analyze and report standard accounting transactions and ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles. This role will also be expected to execute process improvements as identified and be able to work with minimal supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Promotes and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Performs and delivers on routine assignments/projects while simultaneously leveraging and applying knowledge of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and communicates to management process improvements that reduce workloads or improve quality for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Prepares, records, analyzes and reports accounting transactions and ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles
- Performs standard accounting activities, including preparing, classifying, recording, maintaining, and reconciling the General Ledger accounts, sub-ledgers and subsystems in compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles
- May prepare financial statements, such as balance sheets, profit-and-loss statements.
- Determines classifications and records financial transactions applying accounting technique, standard practices and accepted accounting policies and principles.
- Communicates to management on recognized trends of issues/concerns.
- Identifies, researches and resolves discrepancies or out of balance situations amongst assigned General Ledger Accounts.
- Ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles, and compliance with internal controls and SOX.
- Conducts quality assurance checks on his/her journal entries and post to General Ledger Accounts.
- Evaluate information and the implications of a course of action or solution.
- Interpret, apply and explain a common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Evaluate trends in data or information.
Additional Position Responsibilities
Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: - Making suggestions for improvement - Learning new skills, procedures and processes
Performs other duties as required.
Remains current in profession and industry trends.
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations.
Ability to work with others in a team environment.
Demonstrated solid relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. management, peers and colleagues).
Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
Demonstrates solid project management skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information.
Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) - Minimum Required
1 - 3+ Years experience in Accounting that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position (Required)
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.