Alternate Locations:Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
This Investment Accounting Specialist will provide timely and accurate investment and derivatives data accounting and reporting for the General Account Invested Assets on a Statutory, GAAP, Management, and Tax basis. S/he will be responsible to perform research, analysis, and proper accounting treatment of Lincoln Financial Group’s (LFG) investment positions to support strategic investment operations and initiatives.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Promotes and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Performs and delivers on routine assignments/projects while simultaneously leveraging and applying knowledge of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and communicates to management process improvements that reduce workloads or improve quality for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides proper investment accounting treatment of General Account Invested Assets under applicable Statutory, GAAP, Management and Tax basis.
- Supports an effective function for his/her assigned area(s) by identifying risks; researching technical investment accounting issues; and gathering all necessary information.
- Communicates identified risks and financial implications to management.
- Ensures completion of responsibilities in an accurate and timely manner.
- Resolves discrepancies and take actions on matters and inquires on General Account Invested Assets from portfolio management and multiple asset managers.
- Provides accounting information on mortgage loans, real estate, hedge funds, limited partnerships and derivative investments for existing and developing investment strategies for compliance with accounting/reporting regulations to appropriate key stakeholders and investment accounting team members.
- Collaborates effectively with applicable key stakeholders across the enterprise to facilitate the accurate and timely completion of the investment accounting process for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Maintains investment accountings internal control system to ensure SOX compliance. Recommends enhancements.
- Supports the preparation of industry and governmental surveys for area(s) of responsibility.
- Prepares & communicates concise & focused technical financial documents, presentations, and communications (memos, fact sheets, collateral materials) which direct the reader to salient points for a wide range of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Provides technical research on new and existing general account investments and derivatives.
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: - Making suggestions for improvement - Learning new skills, procedures and processes
- Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 4 Year/Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors) (Minimum Required)
- 1 - 3+ Years of experience in accounting, securities or financial reporting that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position. (Preferred)
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret both internal and external documents such as general media/publications, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, policies, proposals, and standard operating procedures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to evaluate information and the implications of a course of action or solution.
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Evaluate trends in data or information.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrated solid relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. management, peers and colleagues).
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrates solid project management skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.