Alternate Locations:Charlotte, NC (North Carolina)
Relocation assistance will be considered/provided for this opportunity within our company guidelines.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
The AVP, Loan Production will lead a team of loan originators and analysts in Mortgage and Real Estate. S/he will develop and execute commercial mortgage loan origination and production strategies and business plans for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility to optimize net investment income for Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) within acceptable risk profile. S/he will consistently achieve or exceed individual and team annual commercial mortgage loan origination targets. This position supports a team that manages a $15 billion commercial mortgage loan portfolio.
- Contributes to the overall strategic vision for the Commercial Mortgage Loan and Real Estate functional area(s) by developing and executing commercial mortgage loan origination and production strategies/business plans for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility and territory.
- Ensures his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility’s strategic plans and programs are aligned with the divisions and Lincoln Financial Group’s (LFG) overall business plans and specific strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Actively promotes and markets Lincoln’s commercial mortgage loan platform and program to correspondent mortgage bankers & borrowers.
- Develops and manages correspondent mortgage banking network in assigned territory to originate commercial mortgage loan investments.
- Maintains a highly visible presence within loan territory including frequent business development and due diligence trips, in addition to local market-level industry participation.
- Consistently achieves or exceeds individual and team annual commercial mortgage loan origination targets including, but not limited to:
- identifying business opportunities, enhancing and managing existing client base (e.g. mortgage bankers, real estate developers and borrowers), and developing new client relationships;
- analyzing and evaluating commercial mortgage loan and real estate investment opportunities;
- ensuring transactions are screened to fit underwriting standards and pricing;
- making recommendations; prudently investing corporate funds to achieve the best possible risk/reward within established investment guidelines.
- negotiating complex commercial mortgage loan origination transactions with applicable parties;
- Manages and leads team members to consistently achieve commercial mortgage loan origination targets and profitability, including but not limited to:
- mentoring team members and providing feedback intended to enhance individual team member performance;
- sharing technical expertise and market experience;
- providing support and guidance to team members through complex business/credit issues;
- collaborating with manager to ensure team member performance expectations are achieved.
- Manages the commercial mortgage loan portfolio for his/her area(s) of responsibility to maximize investment income within an acceptable risk profile:
- Collaborating with portfolio and asset management team to proactively assess existing holdings, including property inspections.
- Contributes to the achievement of department commercial mortgage loan origination targets and objectives by providing support to other assigned territories or accounts, as needed.
- Builds, maintains, and leverages key relationships with external business partners, including correspondent mortgage bankers, real estate developers, borrowers, and external legal teams.
- Works collaboratively with loan servicing to manage complex loan servicing requests requiring business analysis and underwriting for loans in assigned territory or with assigned relationships.
- Partners with closing and legal team to ensure an efficient, customer focused closing experience and reviews, and if necessary resolves, business related closing matters.
- Monitors economic and market trends, peer trends and activities for his/her area(s) of responsibility to assess competitive opportunities in the marketplace.
- Analyzes benchmarks, metrics and performance monitoring systems to track new commercial mortgage loan origination strategy and business plan strategy/plan progress, effectiveness, return on investment and bottom-line impact. Recommends mitigation strategies.
- Ensures that his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility are meeting all objectives pertaining to quality, compliance, regulations, productivity, budget and project management.
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements for his/her area(s) of responsibility effective commercial mortgage loan marketing and messaging consistent with broader strategies/business plans which optimize Lincoln’s return on investment, risk profile and increase in market share.
- Provides commercial mortgage loan and real estate investment expertise and partners with product line and other key internal stakeholders to determine investment platforms offered to clients/customers.
- Provides commercial mortgage loan and real estate investment expertise to stakeholders to facilitate an in-depth understanding of investment products, performance and risks.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assess the impact, and collaborates with executive/senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future strategies.
- Manages the collaboration and effective leveraging of key internal stakeholders (e.g. Investment Management organization, Corporate Finance, Compliance, Internal Audit and Law) to accurately and timely complete commercial mortgage loan transactions/processes and optimize net investment income for the enterprise.
- 4 Year/Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting, or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors
- MBA preferred
- Ten (10+) plus years of experience in commercial mortgage lending, or commercial real estate finance. National platform lending preferred.
- Three (3+) plus years of management, supervisory and/or demonstrated leadership experience including individual mentoring, influencing senior management and critical stakeholder responsibility.
- Advanced knowledge of commercial real estate principles and fundamentals.
- Advanced knowledge of national commercial real estate and mortgage markets and macro-economic trends that affect those markets.
- Advanced ability to understand and evaluate real estate financial statements.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of commercial real estate valuation.
- Expert knowledge of real estate legal concepts and understanding of loan documents.
- Advanced ability to understand and apply financial concepts such as but not limited to Future Value, Present Value, Compound Interest, Discounting, Capitalization Rates, and Internal Rate of Return (IRR).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and CoStar.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead/manage in a matrix influenced organization.
- A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations
- Possesses a bias for execution and avoids workplace distractions.
- Drives performance targets to completion. #LI-AE1
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.