Alternate Locations:Boston, MA (Massachusetts); Chicago, IL (Illinois); Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Hartford, CT (Connecticut); New York, NY (New York); Philadelphia, PA (Pennsylvania); Work from Home
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
This position is responsible for the statutory reporting of LFG insurance company entities which includes quarterly and annual statutory statements (e.g., blue and green books for 11 entities), supplemental filings, statutory MD&As, other required regulatory filings and surveys and annual audited (statutory basis) financial statements. This position provides leadership, direction and functional expertise to ensure departmental results for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility. S/he will also contribute to the development of Financial Reporting departmental strategy and ensure that key information is delivered in a clear, concise and actionable way.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) or responsibility, assess the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future strategies.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and directs strategic process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides training and development opportunities, including stretch assignments, for team members and gives honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent.
- Directs, establishes and implements priorities, performance goals and objectives to ensure departmental results for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs and evaluates departmental performance and takes appropriate action to meet and/or exceed performance standards for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides strategic leadership and direction to continually improve the capability and results for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs/executes approved strategy decisions and contributes to strategy creation for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Ensures that top talent is hired and retained for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Builds organizational capability within his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Leads and drives continuous improvements of the team capabilities to produce sufficient, accurate and reliable complex financial reporting information to support data driven decision making for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Anticipates and proactively provides strategies/solutions to complex financial reporting problems or trends for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Oversees and develops financial reporting policies and procedures.
- Advises and provides subject matter expertise to management and applicable stakeholders on key financial reporting information and identified trends for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs the highly complex analysis and validation of financial reporting to ensure information is sufficient, compliant, accurate and reliable.
- Directs and/or participates in departmental or enterprise wide complex projects assigned by providing stakeholders with actionable and valuable complex financial reporting information to enable decision-making that results in successful outcomes.
- Develops and/or manages budget/expenses for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Responsible for training and development needs of team.
- Provide technical accounting support for highly complex enterprise wide transactions and/or key line of business initiatives.
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- Performs other duties as required.
- 4 Year/Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors)
- Advanced degree, such as Masters in Accounting or MBA, preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license is preferred.
- 10+ Years of experience years in Accounting and / or Financial Reporting that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position.
- 3+ Years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience including influencing senior management/critical stakeholders experience
- CPA preferred
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and logical discussions/presentations.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate knowledgeably and credibly with senior management and internal constituents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.