Alternate Locations:Hartford, CT (Connecticut); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
The Sr. Training Consultant will develop, implement and evaluate complex training plans and programs to ensure organizational readiness for the MoneyGuard and Life sales organizations.
- Develops, implements and evaluates complex training plans and programs for MoneyGuard and Life sales organizations.
- Develops complex and comprehensive training materials, manuals, procedures and/or visual aids to meet objectives of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Develops and conducts training needs assessments and determines complex training requirements for new program development.
- Conducts training and ongoing training evaluations to ensure effectiveness of programs and recommends comprehensive training modifications including process improvements.
- Provides actionable feedback to Sales leadership from training engagements and supports Sales Leaders in follow up training plans and any remediation necessary with individuals or groups identified.
- Serves as a trusted training subject matter expert and ensures training materials, procedures, plans and/or programs reflect business needs and specifications of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs, conducts and/or participates in complex training projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Proactively collaborates and communicates with internal/external stakeholders to address complex training gaps to support organizational performance.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides direction on complex assignments, projects, and/or initiatives to build and enhance the capability of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Develops and manages necessary relationships with key outside vendors or consulting resources to be leveraged as part of the comprehensive training curriculum.
- Undergraduate degree or 4+ years of comparable work experience
- 5-7 years of experience in training that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and logical discussions and presentations
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret both internal and external documents such as general media/publications, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, policies, proposals, and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to analyze information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution.
- Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Opportunities throughout LFG are available to employees and applicants and are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. We have a drug free work environment and we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.