Alternate Locations:Boston, MA (Massachusetts); Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana); Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Hartford, CT (Connecticut); Philadelphia, PA (Pennsylvania); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance will be considered/provided for this opportunity within our company guidelines.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
This position plays an integral role in incorporating process improvement and automation to all aspects of responsibility for the Annuity/Retirement Plan Services Valuation & modeling team. S/he will consult/analyze and deliver on opportunities to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of valuation and modeling exercises to support the vision of the recently created Chief Valuation Actuary team.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Champions and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Serves as a resource to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on more complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Consults/Analyze on more complex assignments and/or projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Coordinates, prepares, and performs more complex actuarial analyses for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Communicates results of actuarial research to business unit management.
- Provides consultation on actuarial models and risk issues.
- Finds and implements ways to enhance more complex models and processes to generate greater accuracy and efficiency.
- Identifies more complex risk issues and uses effective model control and documentation processes.
- Partners with Model Strategy and Continuous Improvement to evaluate current state and develop optimization strategies
- Collaborates with internal & external stakeholders to develop priority of optimization efforts
- Facilitates implementation of model and operational efficiency enhancements
- Utilizes knowledge of straight-through processing and visualization tools to refresh traditional Data/IT/Actuarial processes.
- 4 Year/Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors) (Minimum Required)
- 3 - 5+ Years experience in actuarial science that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position (Required)
- Upon Hire Certifications/Licensures: (5-8 Actuarial Exams passed; typically has ASA designation, progressing toward FSA designation.)
- Apply concepts such as probability, statistics, modeling, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions.
- Works with mathematical concepts such as averages and/or variances.
- Ability to analyze information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution.
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Evaluate trends in data or information.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and recommend processes improvements.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Strong project management skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Advanced proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Access, SAS, or other data management packages
- Familiarity with Tableau or similar data visualization tools
- Familiarity with Dataiku or similar straight-through processing tools
- Familiarity with Python, R, and /or SQL
- Familiarity with Actuarial valuation & projection software systems
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.