Alternate Locations: Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
The AVP of Diversity and Inclusion, will provide leadership, direction and functional expertise on complex enterprise-wide diversity and inclusion projects/initiatives including but not limited to: Employee groups, D&I communications; Supplier Diversity, D&I Training, and external surveys. S/he will partner with Human Resources functions and key stakeholders across the company to implement diversity and inclusion solutions. S/he is responsible for achieving agreed upon results across the enterprise that align with LFG’s diversity core strategy and overall business goals.
Leadership and Influence
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future strategies.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- In collaboration with HR Centers of Excellence & Business Leaders, develop and implement specific enterprise diversity objectives, and business plans to align inclusion initiatives with business strategies & metrics focusing on the workplace, workforce, marketplace & community.
- Ensure diversity outcome is reflected in the workforce/workplace & in business activities, including marketing materials, suppliers/vendors & community facing efforts.
- Build relationships with leaders, stakeholders & HR colleagues to drive diversity related messages throughout the organization.
- Educate, partner, consult, and collaborate with business and HR areas to effectively build, incorporate, and manage business corporate inclusion initiatives.
- Partner with Corporate functions and initiate the development of Supplier Diversity strategies to support diversity and inclusion needs & demands based on current & future business needs.
- Collaborate with corporate communications team to create communications to increase D&I awareness.
- Serves as a change agent, consultant, thought-leader, influencer & SME on diversity and inclusion related issues which impact the enterprise.
- Identify, develop & foster relationships with relevant external organizations, thought leaders, partners & vendors.
- Participate in and lead vendor selection, evaluation & education processes.
- Manage, monitor and report supplier diversity program performance and trends. Develop & implement best practices for diversity and inclusion action planning. Ensure business accountability for follow up.
- Develop tracking strategies to monitor and evaluate impact and ROI of initiatives; develop reports on program effectiveness and make recommendations for program enhancement and improvement.
- Design & implement metrics, monitoring & reporting systems to effectively benchmark organizational progress in Diversity & Inclusion.
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners, HR Centers of Excellence and business leaders to measure and evaluate the effectiveness of D&I programs.
- Minimum of 4 Year/Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors)
- 10+ Years in diversity/inclusion or relevant experience with demonstrated abilities to develop & implement diversity & inclusion programs in a large organization (Required)
- 4 year/Bachelor’s degree (minimum required)
- Direct management or responsibility for management of internal/company D&I employee groups (Affinity or Resource) (Required)
- Demonstrated experience in Supplier Diversity Management (preferred)
- Act as a role model and demonstrate the companys core values/leadership expectations. Proven ability to lead, plan, implement, and manage change and to balance competing priorities.
- Plan and prioritize the portfolio of initiatives and report progress and results to the SVP, Chief Diversity Officer and clients.
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and logical discussions/presentations.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate knowledgeably and credibly with senior management and internal constituents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in motivating others in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.