Alternate Locations:Dallas, TX (Texas); Denver, CO (Colorado); Houston, TX (Texas); Irvine, CA (California); Los Angeles, CA (California); Phoenix, AZ (Arizona); Portland, OR (Oregon); Sacramento, CA (California); San Diego, CA (California); San Francisco, CA (California); Work from Home
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
As the National Director of Consultant Relations, you will lead efforts to develop relationships with assigned advisory and consulting firms to achieve growth and retention goals for Lincoln’s institutional retirement business. You will also partner with Lincoln sales professionals within an assigned region to grow relationships with regional consultants and advisors. You will be an ambassador of Lincoln to the marketplace and provide feedback to the business on industry and advisory trends to help shape product and service offerings of the future.
Drive for Results
- Directs and develops business on behalf of the Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) in a manner that supports a positive company image, in compliance with all required rules and regulations and ethical in all considerations
- Develops, directs, implements & maintains a business plan to achieve sales & growth goals for targeted firms including having a multifaceted understanding of key contacts, how they market themselves, market segments they target, how they operate to establish relationships &/or value proposition
- Develops and maintains a more complex sales program in partnership with internal and external sales team to increase sales revenue and market share within assigned area
- Increases/gains awareness of Lincolns products and services with more complex firms and/or institutions within assigned territory by effectively communicating Lincolns markets of focus and value proposition
- Develops, directs, and executes more complex plans to increase/gain opportunities to introduce Lincoln management and other resources to targeted firms/institutions
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of existing/targeted firms/institutions including targeted market segments, how they operate, value proposition and discretionary investment making decision criteria
- Works effectively to support growth in all segments of Lincolns products/service offerings to maximize and capitalize on the opportunities to cross sell and penetrate assigned firms/institutions
- Conducts firm/institution meetings and in-person meetings to achieve sales targets. (e.g. due diligence meetings, one-on-one meetings, sponsorship and speaking opportunities)
- Identifies and communicates any potential conflicts regarding Lincolns products/services
- Utilizes expense budgets to set limits and maximize sales opportunities
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders on proposals and distribution of relevant marketing materials
- Maintains sales call data in appropriate systems and/or complete sales reports
- Meets or exceeds all department and/or sales goals/targets for his/her assigned territory
- Identifies the services, structure and strategic direction of assigned firms and align Lincoln to achieve mutual growth
- Increases penetration in territory of by optimizing and growing relationships within existing more complex firms/institutions
- Cultivates, directs, and maintains increasingly senior level client relationships within assigned territory’s firms/institution
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders. to achieve sales objectives
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions
- Identifies, recommends and implements process improvements that reduce workloads or improve quality for assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Serves as a subject matter expert to internal/external stakeholders by developing and maintaining an advanced understanding of LFGs products, services and operational structure for assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Remains current in profession and industry trends
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: - Making suggestions for improvement - Learning new skills, procedures and processes
Travel within assigned region up to 50%
- 4 Year/Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors)
- FINRA S6 and S63 within 90 days
- Life and health within 120 days
- 3 - 5+ Years’ experience in key account management or external wholesale that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
- Strong working knowledge of defined contribution plans
- Demonstrates advanced relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. management, peers and colleagues) and external clients
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and logical discussions/presentations
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills Ability to read, analyze and interpret both internal and external documents such as general media/publications, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, policies, proposals, and standard operating procedures
- Apply concepts such as probability, statistics, modeling, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions
- Works with mathematical concepts such as averages and/or variances
- Ability to evaluate information and the implications of a course of action or solution
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Evaluate trends in data or information
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend processes improvements
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style
- Demonstrates strong project management skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.