Alternate Locations: Dover, NH (New Hampshire)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
This position will consult, analyze, and deliver on moderate to complex Business Systems Analysis projects/initiatives for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility. S/he will act as a resource to applicable internal and external stakeholders. S/he will also consult and collaborate with business stakeholders to define and validate more complex information technology solutions that meet the needs, goals and objectives for her/his assigned area(s) of responsibility. This position will be in Group Protection IT, aligned to our Omni-channel Web Portal team, owning the team backlog (technical “product owner”) for an agile development team.
- Owns scrum team backlog – grooming, prioritization, and refinement of user stories and acceptance criteria
- Supports defining minimum viable product (MVP) and objectives & key results (OKR’s)
- Works day to day with scrum teams, clarifying business requirements, providing feedback, and resolving issues and questions quickly and clearly. Acts as “voice of the customer.”
- Partners with business to ensure team backlog priorities are aligned to overall business priorities
- Sets the quality standard for delivery. Develops test plans (or acceptance criteria), accepts each user story, participates in team demos and retrospectives to validate quality, provide feedback, and improve team processes
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to understand and communicate dependencies
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides direction on complex assignments, projects, and/or initiatives to build and enhance the capability of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs, advises and collaborates with internal and/or external stakeholders to determine complex technical specifications from business requirements.
- Advises and provides expertise to appropriate internal stakeholders to assess and deliver proposed complex technical solutions which meet business requirements and/or which integrate process, business rules and business data with technology.
- Provides direction and collaborates effectively with appropriate stakeholders on complex issues and conflicts that impact time, cost, scope, quality and risk of assigned projects.
- Provides a complex understanding the business usage of information technology (IT) and helping technology add value to the business.
- Serves as a mentor and shares knowledge with more junior team members.
- Directs and/or participates in the planning/estimating of projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: Making suggestions for improvement and learning new skills, procedures and processes.
- 4 Year/Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience (Minimum Required)
- 2-4+ Years experience in agile product ownership or business systems analysis that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position (Required)
- 2-4+ Years experience in Insurance or Finance technology (preferred)
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret both internal and external documents such as general media/publications, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, policies, proposals, and standard operating procedures.
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution.
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Evaluate trends in data or information.
- Agile product owner, Kanban, Continuous development experience preferred
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and recommend processes improvements.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Demonstrates ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- No Licensure or Certification Required.
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.