Alternate Locations: Greensboro, NC (North Carolina)
Relocation assistance will be considered/provided for this opportunity within our company guidelines.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
The AVP, Portfolio and Credit Risk Management of Commercial Mortgage Loans will provide strategic leadership and functional expertise to direct the development and implementation of a commercial mortgage loan (CML) credit risk management framework for Lincoln Financials 13B CML portfolio.
S/he will lead the CML portfolio and risk management strategy through proactive loan level, portfolio level management research and analysis and reporting. S/he will contribute to the overall success of the enterprise and platform through industry standard CML portfolio and risk management.
Portfolio and Risk Management
- Leads risk management framework activities for loan portfolio
- Develops actionable strategies based on data analysis of asset reviews & rating process for existing portfolio
- Engages with CML team & mortgage bankers to identify loan level credit risk events
- Partners with key stakeholders to leverage and extend reporting & analysis tools to understand key performance drivers & potential risks
- Leads development of risk indicators, benchmarks, performance monitoring & other metrics to provide insights into portfolio holdings
- Leads the development of dashboards to summarize positioning, performance and forward- looking assessments
- Provides ongoing support and refinement of loan rating regime
- Leads analysis of CML portfolio holdings and risk assessment with overlay to include macroand micro economic analysis to assess CML portfolio performance & risks
- Leads identification, development and implementation of strategic process improvements to portfolio risk & loan level management
- Provides expertise & research in commercial real estate markets, insurance companypeer groups & industry metrics
- Actively participates in industry forums, conferences, and working groups to gain market insights & best practices for CML credit risk management framework
- Leads preparation of presentation materials to provide recommendations & mitigation strategies for portfolio & risk management matters to senior management
- Advises on systems & infrastructure to facilitate industry standard credit risk management framework
- Directs/executes approved strategy decisions and contributes to strategy creation for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides strategic direction to build and enhance the capability for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Leads special projects/programs which support the platform & enterprise, including CECL & other regulatory changes
- Works with external participation & reinsurance partners to understand loan & portfolio level risk assessment
- Partners with CML team & internal constituents to support valuation and impairment process & assessments and to understand impact of sub/non-performing assets & REO, along with collaboration regarding reporting requirements
- Collaborates with Investment Risk Management team to develop and integrate LFG cross platform risk management systems to provide enterprise-level insights, reporting & analysis on CML portfolio
- Develops and maintains relationships with external sourcing platforms & co-investment partners for market intelligence & due diligence
- Supports projects & presentations needed by CML leadership team & other partners
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and directs strategic process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments / trends for assigned area(s) or responsibility, assess the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future strategies.
- Bachelors Degree (BS/BA) in Finance/Economics/Business Administration or related field.
- MBA or advanced degree preferred Experience
- A minimum of ten (10) years plus experience and track record within the commercial realestate finance focused on portfolio, asset and risk management.
- 5+ senior management experience in a large complex organization including influencing senior management and critical stakeholder responsibility.
- Broad working knowledge of commercial real estate asset classes, real estate markets, finance, asset management, legal and regulatory frameworks, particularly related to insurance companies.
- Well demonstrated analytical and decision-making ability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; proven success in building and maintaining relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Effective writing skills, ability to make effective presentations to corporate management, internal and external business partners, and regulatory constituents.
- Ability to lead and manage projects within a collaborative team culture.
- Considerable knowledge and understanding in the development of peer analysis and industry related metrics.
- Considerable knowledge, understanding and application of life insurance specific impacts (financial, RBC, other) to portfolio and loan level management.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and utilize data to make sound businessrecommendations and decisions.
- Strong strategic planning and leadership skills; ability to motivate and influence constituents at all levels and across the enterprise
- Ability to coach, develop and manage emerging talent.
- Ability to work across functional areas to drive results.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize accordingly to meet deadlines.
- Highly proficient in Office applications, particularly Excel, Powerpoint and Access.
- Familiarity with Moody’s CMM, Moody’s Risk Frontier, PAM for Mortgages, data warehouse, or similar technologies.#LI-AE!
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.