Alternate Locations:Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
The Senior Consultant, Accounting, will provide technical accounting expertise on implementation issues of the enterprise-wide and cross functional implementation of FASB’s Long-Duration Targeted Improvements to Insurance Contracts (“FASB LDTI”). In this role, (s)he will drive research and resolution of technical accounting implementation issues, including technical research, application to facts and circumstances of business economics, documentation and communication with internal and external stakeholders. This newly created position provides an opportunity to be at the forefront of accounting change and operate as part of a dynamic team in a challenging environment.
• Consults/Analyze on more complex technical accounting matters for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility, ensuring proper application of accounting standards, and working with internal and external (e.g. auditors) stakeholders to address and enforce policy compliance.
• Maintains accounting policies for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
• Champions and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
• Serves as a resource to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on more complex technical accounting policy and compliance issues for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
• Maintains knowledge on current and emerging accounting standards for assigned area(s) or responsibility, assess the impact, and collaborates with management to ensure proper application of accounting standards.
• Prepares and reviews accounting policies for more complex accounting transactions and ensures compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles
• Oversees and reviews new disclosures for the 10K and 10Q. Ensures accuracy and completeness of financial statement footnotes for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
• Identifies accounting issues/concerns and recommends mitigation solution(s) to management.
• Communicates new and emerging technical accounting policy developments to managers and executives throughout LFG.
• Identifies and resolves more complex issues with internal and/or external auditors in a collaborative manner.
• Obtains input from appropriate management before making external statements or providing information that could impact the corporation.
• Undergraduate Degree or 4+ years of comparable work experience; educational concentration in Accounting is preferred.
• 5-7+ years of experience in Accounting that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA), highly preferred.
• Demonstrated accounting policy experience within the life insurance and financial services industry, preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret, and communicate a variety of financial and accounting information and policies to individuals at all levels.
• Demonstrated experience working with GAAP and statutory accounting.
• Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information.
• Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
• Critical thinker with an ability to analyze information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or strategy.
• Strong project management skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
• Demonstrates ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels of a matrixed organization.
• Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with collaborative style.
• Excellent written/oral communication skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations
• Possesses a bias for action and avoids workplace distractions
• Drives performance targets to completion.
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
|Date Posted||March 16, 2019|
|Date Closes||April 15, 2019|
|Located In||Radnor, PA|
|Department||Finance & Accounting|