Alternate Locations:Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
The AVP, Finance Data Program Management will provide leadership for the Enterprise Finance Data (EFD) program which implements critical finance systems and solutions. In addition, s/he will provide strategic direction for Finance's data governance. S/he will communicate and liaise with program stakeholders from across the enterprise to secure resources, facilitate discussions/decisions, monitor program activities, and resolve issues.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future strategies.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and directs strategic process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs/executes approved strategy decisions and contributes to strategy creation for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides strategic direction to build and enhance the capability for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Lead the multi-year Enterprise Finance Data (EFD) Program that includes the implementation of key finance systems and solutions.
- Leads and directs program meetings with stakeholders from multiple work streams to map current and future state processes, define program scope, determine complex plans, execute agreed deliverables, and evaluate outcomes
- Responsible for day-to-day project management activities including oversight of status reporting, monthly financials, issue and risk management, and resource management.
- Collaborates with the EFD Program Governance committees to define and own the program and initiative scope.
- Provides direction on complex systems and processes and recommends improvements aligned to business needs and ensures project sponsors fully understand alternatives, requirements, and feasibility to determine the best viable option.
- Define and gain approval for metadata definitions across the finance enterprise.
- Ensures the quality and availability of information, creating a "fit for need."
- Provides linkages of related data domains during issue remediation.
- Accountable for validity of data definitions and business rules across function.
- Advises and ensures consistent enforcement of policies.
- Chair ongoing and EFD program related Data Governance forums.
- Manages employee(s) to ensure program deliverables and initiatives are met.
- Provides and reviews Finance data related policies, procedures, and standards across the enterprise
- Collaborates with Lincoln IT in the delivery of the technology components of the program.
- Accountable for Finance data related policies, procedures, and standards across the enterprise.
- Manages expectations of various internal/external stakeholders and provides regular status updates.
- Serves as a liaison across departments/teams to coordinate delivery of projects and ensure alignment of efforts with other organizational initiatives, including system releases and upgrades.
- Collaborates with vendors to address complex and/or escalated system or process questions and concerns related to program deliverables.
- Manages and monitors the budget and capital allocation across the program initiatives.
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) (Minimum Required)
- 10+ Years program management experience that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position. (Required)
- 5+ Years experience in Data Management, Metadata, Master Data & Architecture. (Required)
- Drives performance targets to completion.
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Understanding of traditional ETL type technologies.
- A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations.
- Possesses a bias for action and avoids workplace distractions.
- Drives performance targets to completion.
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.