Alternate Locations:Philadelphia, PA (Pennsylvania); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance will be considered/provided for this opportunity within our company guidelines.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
The AVP, Competitive Market Solutions for LFN will provide leadership, direction and functional expertise to develop and implement complex business intelligence, sales support, competitive analysis, and point of sale advanced planning guidance to key internal and external stakeholders. S/he will act as a strategic leader and will work across key business areas to direct, develop, prioritize and roll-out complex concepts to generate sales and achieve strategic objectives.
- Gather external intelligence to provide competitive insights on LFN key priorities to LFN executive leadership
- Strong knowledge of the Broker-Dealer/Wealth Management Businesses; be able to maintain competitive edge through proactive approaches
- Develop Competitve Intelligence governance and structure; converts raw data and information into insight and convince decision makers to consider impact and actions
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future strategies.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and directs strategic process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs/executes approved strategy decisions and contributes to strategy creation for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides strategic direction to build and enhance the capability for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs/Executes approved strategy for sales collateral on the use of financial products utilized in business planning, estate planning, qualified retirement plans and IRA and annuity strategies.
- Designs and delivers strategies and programs with Marketing to provide solutions to the development of sales and marketing campaigns supporting sales concepts for all distribution channels.
- Provides strategic consultation to internal partners, external sales management, and customers in order to significantly capture sales and market share.
- Creates complex narratives & models to support sales concept deliverables.
- Directs/Executes approved strategy for training on advanced sales concepts.
- Acts as a subject matter expert for advisors and key stakeholders to provide value-added strategies to increase client business.
- Directs/Executes approved strategy for training to Lincoln producers & wholesalers to promote Lincolns product strategy as well as the financial advantages of Lincoln products over industry competitors.
- Develops field intelligence and competitor information to product manufacturing and other LFD constituents to support complex initiatives across LFG to maintain or enhance product competitiveness.
- Provides strategic consultation on complex market information into strategic intelligence to drive business decisions that impact the enterprise.
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: - Making suggestions for improvement - Learning new skills, procedures and processes.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret both internal and external documents such as general media/publications, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, policies, proposals, and standard operating procedures.
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and logical discussions/presentations.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate knowledgeably and credibly with senior management and internal constituents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) (Minimum Required)
- 10+ Years of experience in financial services sales and/or marketing with a focus on life insurance that directly aligns with specific responsibilities for this position (Required)
- Travel Type: National Domestic
- Travel Amount: up to 50%
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.