Alternate Locations:Philadelphia, PA (Pennsylvania); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
This position will consult/analyze and deliver on more complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of application development responsibility. S/he will also act as a resource and develop more complex innovative business solutions by creating new applications, modifying existing applications and providing post production support. S/he will deliver more complex business application software solutions following the system development life cycle process.
- Building client-specific solutions on the Force.com platform using Apex and VisualForce
- Performing advanced salesforce administration (Sandboxes management, Salesforce release and patches, User management, workflow and approval rules, Permission Sets etc.)
- Continuous improvement of development processes for the Force.com platform using industry-standard and emerging practices like Agile, Continuous Integration, etc.
Applying functional knowledge and technical expertise in the implementation and maintenance of custom Salesforce.com applications
- Developing integration processes using Salesforce.com's Web Services API
- Analyzes increasingly complex systems specifications of existing programs to determine requirements.
- Consults and/or participates in the requirements, design and coding walkthroughs to ensure the development of quality solutions.
- Creates increasingly complex technical specifications from business requirements/business specifications.
- Defines detailed development tasks, task dependencies and estimates to complete work.
- Determines how existing applications, systems, databases, interfaces and/or hardware can interact to meet new and emerging enterprise initiatives.
- Documents increasingly complex programs and procedures.
- Identifies potential application solutions by understanding increasingly complex business/technical problems and opportunities.
- Investigates and resolves increasingly complex problems including providing support for production systems in a timely manner.
- Partners with internal stakeholders to ensure that systems are designed, developed and implemented from a business point of view.
- Proactively identifies problems and presents/develops solutions
- Researches, develops, implements and maintains increasingly complex business application solutions.
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience (Minimum Required)
- 3 - 5+ years experience in application development that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position (Required)
- Must have independent design/architecture experience.
- Must have experience in a multi-level support environment, and experience working in Agile Delivery model.
- Proven experience working on analysis and design independently and providing proactive solutions.
- Must have Salesforce.com Developer Certifications.
- Must have 3 - 5+ years of experience in SalesForce.com
- Must have 2+ years of experience developing on the Force.com platform
- Must have 2+ years of hands-on development experience in .Net or Java is a plus
- Must have 3 - 5+ years of experience with database technologies, including strong knowledge of SQL
- Experience in SQL Server 2005 or higher
- Must have ability to deliver results on time and produce high quality deliverables (accuracy and thoroughness)
- Must be proficient on programming best practices, design patterns and design trade-offs on internet and cloud-based platforms
Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with other team members (immediate team as well as cross-functional teams)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision
- Available off -hours for deployments, job monitoring and support.
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.