Alternate Locations:Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
This role works closely with internal Human Resources stakeholders at all levels and with the business lines to understand business needs, goals and objectives for key initiatives and programs, and recommends, develops and implements complex communication solutions, approaches and tactics to most effectively reach target internal/employee audiences and achieve desired outcomes.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and works with internal HR stakeholders to understand business needs, goals and objectives for initiatives, and recommends, develops and implements communication plans and activities to most effectively reach target audiences and achieve desired outcomes.
- Provides subject matter expertise and tactical communication counsel and support to project teams and, as needed, works with other internal stakeholders (such as Graphic Design, Editorial, Brand, Video Production, Digital, etc.) to deliver integrated communication solutions.
- Provides direction and enhances complex organizational initiatives by positively influencing, supporting and communicating change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Develops cross-channel content (brochures, letters, web articles, video, social content, games, quizzes, signage, etc.) to promote corporate achievements, interviews, senior leader events, community involvement, philanthropic activities, business results, etc.
- Works across stakeholder groups to ensure communication activities align with overall corporate objectives and Brand.
- Develops and manages content for employee intranet.
- Leads and/or participates in efforts to define metrics and measurement for communication programs and tactics.
- Advises internal stakeholders on key trends, issues and news within corporate communications space.
- Applies benchmarking data and performance metrics to continuous improvement of communication efforts.
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Remains current in profession and with industry trends.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by:
- Making suggestions for improvement
- Proactively learning new skills, procedures and processes
- Performs other duties as required
- Undergraduate degree or 4+ years of equivalent work experience
- 3-5+ years of experience in Corporate Communications or related environment
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and logical discussions/presentations.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret both internal and external documents such as general media/publications, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, policies, proposals, and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to analyze complex information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution.
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Demonstrates project management skills, including critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated proficiency in technical writing skills (grammar, punctuation, tense, usage, etc.)
- Ability to translate complex and complicated topics, issues, products, situations or opportunities into simple and compelling language that achieves communication goal.
- Ability to generate content for use across traditional and digital channels, including print, web, social and video.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with collaborative, inclusive style that values diversity.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.