Alternate Locations:Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance will be considered/provided for this opportunity within our company guidelines.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
This position will provide subject matter expertise and direction on complex projects/initiatives within the Finance Department as part of the Corporate Actuarial / ERM team. This team is part of the Chief Risk Office. S/he will develop and perform complex actuarial analysis and provide recommendations for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility. S/he will lead actuarial projects and proactively identify challenges and resolutions. The focus of this group is to deliver insightful, added-value, actionable risk analytics and governance to drive business results. S/he will be responsible for supporting the Head of ERM & Corporate Actuary with this and oversight of all business unit-based valuations and product development.
Corporate Actuary / ERM specific responsibilities
- Assists in the development and upgrade of the quality of actuarial investigations and evaluation of the financial well-being of the enterprise.
- Assists in the development of risk/return pricing standards and risk management methodologies based on actuarial and capital markets/economic principles.
- Assists in the review of new product strategies, development, design, pricing, and implementation.
- Assists in the development of analytics based on the results of the Economic Capital model to identify sources of change in EC and forecast the impact on EC from potential ALM, investing activities, and management actions
- Implements process improvements, consistency, governance, controls, and oversight.
- Develops knowledge about company operations, systems, and actuarial methodologies.
- Continually looks for opportunities to add value to the enterprise by partnering with the businesses on strategic projects.
- Establishes effective working relationships throughout the organization, both at the corporate level and within the businesses.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on product knowledge and reserve requirements, and partners with other areas of the organization regarding analysis of industry evolving topics, including economic capital, principles based reserves/capital, IFRS, etc.
- Assist in the establishment of financial risk methodologies for Lincoln Financial with an emphasis will be on developing financial metrics, standards and frameworks based on different lenses (actuarial, capital markets) for analyzing risk-return trade-offs.
- Extend from existing traditional actuarial accounting (statutory, GAAP) metrics to economic/capital market principles based metrics & tools to evaluate risk return trade-offs in core decisions (e.g. product development, investment management, asset liability management, capital management).
- Researches and prepares briefings on status of key projects and initiatives to senior leaders
- Participates or leads workgroups by evaluating issues and problems of strategic significance
- Provides direction on complex assignments, projects, and/or initiatives to build and enhance the capability of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) or responsibility, assess the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Leads actuarial projects and proactively identifies challenges and resolutions.
- Analyzes and synthesizes information from multiple sources in varying degrees of completeness and clarity to develop and present actuarial recommendations to different levels of management and other stakeholders.
- Provides subject matter expertise on actuarial models and assumption development and suggests new ways of managing risk.
- Monitors and analyzes developments in actuarial techniques, laws and regulations applicable to company operations, and competitive developments in the marketplace.
- Undergraduate degree and 5-7+ years of comparable work experience required
- FSA preferred, ASA required
- 5-7+ years of experience in actuarial science that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
- Knowledge of insurance, investments, and enterprise risks.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of STAT and GAAP requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of insurance mechanics and product strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and logical discussions/presentations.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate knowledgeably and credibly with senior management and internal constituents.
- Ability to think critically, analyze information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution.
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Critical thinker with an ability to analyze information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or strategy
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and propose solutions for a range of technical actuarial issues
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend process improvements.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among senior management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with collaborative style.
- Computer skills:
- Advanced proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Proficiency with ALFA, Prophet, or similar projection software systems
- Familiarity with VBA, Python, R, and other programming languages
- Familiarity with Tableau or similar business visualization tolls
- A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations
- Possesses a bias for action and avoids workplace distractions
- Drives performance targets to completion
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Opportunities throughout LFG are available to employees and applicants and are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. We have a drug free work environment and we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This Employer Participates in E-Verify. See the E-Verify notices.
Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify. Ver el E-Verify avisos.