Alternate Locations:Philadelphia, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance will be considered/provided for this opportunity within our company guidelines.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
The VP, Managed Accounts provides strategic leadership to achieve key business objectives, provides thought leadership, and develops platform wholesale strategies which have substantial impact on increasing market share and proprietary assets. They will lead a department(s) and ensure that the strategy and tactical execution drives optimal proprietary assets while creating and maintaining strong relationships with key internal/external stakeholders within of his/her assigned area of responsibility.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops overall sales strategy for LFN platforms through partnership with the senior executive leadership.
- Leads the development of an overall business plan to achieve sales and growth goals for existing/targeted firms/advisors for assigned responsibility.
- Develops and propagates a compelling vision for firms/institutions/advisors within his/her assigned area(s) that is aligned with the broader Lincoln Financial Group strategic intent.
- Develops and leads the execution of the sales & net flows strategies through sales management to gain market share within assigned area(s) of responsibility and drive sales growth.
- Develops and oversees the overall financial budgets for assigned region.
- Serves as a representative and participates in industry organizations to provide exposure for the business.
- Builds, enhances and maintains relationships with key internal/external senior executives for area of responsibility to drive sales results for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Contributes to the development of highly complex platform wholesale strategies which have substantial impact on sales revenue and increase of market share including anticipating and providing strategies to market &/or sales trends.
- Provides thought leadership and advises senior management on platform wholesale strategies which optimize sales results and manage risks.
- Establishes, adheres and oversees the overall sales and net flows goals and objectives for his/her assigned responsibility.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with executive/senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future strategies.
- Leads the identification, development, and implementation of strategic process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality across the team, business unit, and/or the organization for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Leads and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides training and development opportunities, including stretch assignments, for team members and gives honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent.
- Leads, establishes and implements priorities, performance goals and objectives to achieve key business results for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Guides and evaluates departmental performance and takes appropriate action to meet and/or exceed performance standards for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides thought leadership and functional expertise to internal/external stakeholders for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Contributes to business unit/operational and enterprise strategy creation for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Ensures that top talent is hired and retained for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Builds organizational capability within his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Leads/executes approved strategy for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
ADDITIONAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Builds organizational capability within LFN functions.
- Ensures that top talent is hired and retained.
- Provides training opportunities for LFN employees and gives honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent.
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by:
- making suggestions for improvement
- learning new skills, procedures and processes.
- Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelors degree plus 12+ years in platform wholesale that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position, including 5+ years of management, strategy, and influencing senior management/critical stakeholders experience.
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Opportunities throughout LFG are available to employees and applicants and are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. We have a drug free work environment and we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.