Alternate Locations:Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania); Work from Home
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
As the Sr. Consultant, Retirement Plan Services Product Marketing will provide subject matter expertise and direction on complex marketing projects/initiatives for assigned area(s) of responsibility. You will develop and execute marketing plans for assigned area(s), with focus on go-to-market tactical plans and industry launches. You will also lead the definition and execution of messaging, product positioning, content, sales enablement, and marketing campaigns.
- Develop and lead the execution of go-to-market plans, including defining the value prop and positioning for new products and product enhancements, crafting key messaging, and managing the implementation of the marketing plan including the timing of all communication and marketing resources
- Develop metrics and measurement plans to evaluate success and maximize ROI for each product launch
- Collaborates with Product Development in the product ideation process and provides input concerning market opportunity and product positioning; contributes to creation of solutions that meet customers’ needs and support profitable growth
- Proactively supports Sales and Account managers by creating high quality product promotion and marketing collateral
- Provides subject matter expertise in the design of new marketing materials that give LFG a competitive advantage
- Works closely with Sales and field advisory councils to identify new marketing ideas that offer the greatest sales potential
- Creates complex product and marketing materials such as collateral, web pages, videos, promotional e-mail, social and sales enablement.
- Liaises with marketing research resources and actively leverages primary and secondary research to deepen understanding of retirement market trends and consumers across their lifecycle, from awareness to renewal and expansion
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends, assesses the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects
- Provides direction on complex assignments, projects, and/or initiatives to build and enhance the capability of assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: - Making suggestions for improvement - Learning new skills, procedures and processes
- 4 Year/Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors) in business, marketing, or communications
- 5 – 7+ Years of experience in product marketing leading innovative go-to-market strategies that show measurable results
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret both internal and external documents such as general media/publications, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, policies, proposals, and standard operating procedures
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and logical discussions/presentations
- Ability to use analytics to make marketing decisions
- Ability to analyze complex information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution.
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Evaluate trends in data or information
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend processes improvements
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among senior/executive management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.