Alternate Locations:Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Hartford, CT (Connecticut)
Relocation assistance will be considered/provided for this opportunity within our company guidelines.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
As the AVP of Strategic Implementation & Portfolio Management, you will provide strategic leadership and direction in developing and executing strategic plans and implementation roadmaps to support the division’s strategic initiatives. You will strategically plan & implement across business areas and ensure plans are harmonized to function compatibly with overall enterprise strategic plans. Additionally, this position will direct the project portfolio planning and change management processes to ensure proper linkage for Lincoln’s Life Solutions’ short & long term strategic & tactical initiatives.
- In partnership with senior leadership, leads the development and evolution of enterprise and division strategic plans by establishing & influencing priorities & plan alignment across business units.
- Advises and collaborates with senior and executive leadership across the enterprise regarding the alignment of the portfolio across business unit plans, strategy, and customer experience objectives.
- Harmonizes business unit and function plans with the enterprise strategic plan(s) including investment and benefit value capture.
- Directs the modeling of future scenarios of portfolio investment and value capture based on changing dynamics in the course of execution identifying areas of opportunity, risk, and issues.
- Drives development & adoption of portfolio & program management best practices & methodology to support the strategic plan implementation within Lincoln’s Life Solutions’ Business.
- Directs the development of metrics-based scorecards to monitor organizational progress against critical factors including customer satisfaction, quality, program plans/schedule, program cost, employee development & retention, & overall cost efficiency.
- Manages & balances the portfolio while mitigating & escalating appropriate risks.
- Implements resource requirements & investment strategies for specific initiatives; collaborates with leaders across functional areas to secure and manage resources necessary to facilitate timely implementation of projects and product launches.
- Directs the evaluation of business case & cost benefit analysis for key strategic projects.
- Oversees the management of the change control process in relation to the business case of portfolio initiatives.
- Ensures seamless execution of strategic change management activities by applying, change management methodologies, communication planning, training strategy and planning, organizational readiness assessment, and stakeholder analyses.
- Ensures appropriate cross training/skills development across the group in the areas of project management, change management, process & systems scoping, requirements & design.
- Directs the development of regular progress reports to senior leadership, providing updates on progress, value realization, and financial implications of portfolio/strategic initiatives.
- Develops relationships with senior leaders and utilizes influence skills to achieve desired business outcomes and alignment across functions and business areas.
- Ensures that top talent is hired and retained – will also have potential to have contract resources.
- Builds organizational capability within Lincoln Financial Group’s Life Solutions business.
- 4 Year Bachelors degree or 4+ years of equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors) (Minimum Required)
- 10+ Years program/project management experience that directly aligns with the responsibilities of this position with experience working in the Financial Services industry and knowledge of Financial Services products – Life Insurance preferred. (Required)
- Experience navigating through a Digital Transformation (Preferred)
- 3+ Years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience including influencing senior management/critical stakeholders experience (Required)
- Strong Change Agent; proven ability to execute
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and logical discussions/presentations.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate knowledgeably and credibly with senior management and internal constituents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think critically, analyze information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among senior management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.