Alternate Locations:Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
As the Consultant, Retirement Sales Support, you will consult/analyze and deliver on more complex assignments/projects for assigned area(s) of responsibility. You will also act as a resource to applicable internal/external stakeholders. You will serve as a resource on a more complex suite of Lincolns retirement products and service offerings related to product planning, design, education/training, and sales support.
- Serves as a resource on progressively more complex product planning, design activities and sales support to ensure various retirement offerings are understood, differentiated, and compliant with applicable regulations.
- Collaborates with business leaders to recommend and identify the solutions and road map for a suite of current and future Lincoln products and capabilities that span multiple markets, channels, and product structures
- Provides progressively more complex P&L analyses to applicable internal stakeholders
- Provides support to peers and may present/interact with senior management, internal & external stakeholders (including Lincoln Financial Distributors RPS wholesalers), and customer prospects to effectively represent Lincoln’s suite of retirement products and capabilities
- Identifies and provides recommendations for new growth opportunities based on competitive intelligence, trends, and retirement plan expertise
- Provides consultation/recommendations for the core positioning, messaging, and sales & marketing tools for the retirement product suite in collaboration with marketing teams
- Serves as a resource for providing education to internal stakeholders on product offerings, functionalities, platform technologies, market competitiveness, and regulatory requirements, e.g., SEC compliance
- Provides operational consultation to assist with client product implementations, ongoing product support, and the creation and maintenance of procedural/training materials
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions
- Champions and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives
- Serves as a resource to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on more complex assignments/projects
- Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality
- Consults/Analyze on more complex assignments and/or projects for assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: - Making suggestions for improvement - Learning new skills, procedures and processes
- 4 Year/Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors)
- 3 - 5+ Years of experience with retirement products and/or services that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities of this position
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret both internal and external documents such as general media/publications, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, policies, proposals, and standard operating procedures
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Apply concepts such as probability, statistics, modeling, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions
- Works with mathematical concepts such as averages and/or variances
- Ability to analyze information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Evaluate trends in data or information
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop collaborative approaches
- Demonstrates ability to identify and recommend processes improvements
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style
- Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong project management skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.