Alternate Locations: Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
The Senior Investment Analyst on the Manager Selection and Portfolio Construction Team is a key contributor to the research and due diligence efforts across Lincoln’s manager of manager’s platform which includes fixed income, equity and alternative products. You will be part of a team responsible for providing investment expertise and insight regarding the selection, oversight and placement of asset management solutions across Lincoln’s product lines including Variable Annuities, Variable Universal Life, Defined Contribution and COLI/BOLI. You will be part of a team who oversees assets totaling $176B, $66B of which is Lincoln’s proprietary multi-asset class mutual fund family. You will regularly interact with senior management including the LVIP Board of Trustees, internal product and investment committees, and Lincoln’s internal clients.
Research and Analysis
- As a member of the Research team, this position will have a supporting role regarding the selection and oversight of new and existing investment options offered in Lincoln variable life, variable annuity and retirement products.
- Oversee the screening and ongoing evaluation process for new and existing investment options.
- Regularly present research findings and performance results to the Manager Selection Team and potentially a broader group of constituents, such as the LVIP Board of Trustees and other internal clients.
- Work with LIACs Portfolio Management team, provide insight/analysis on the optimal use of multi-asset class investment options within broadly diversified portfolios.
- Conduct regular on-site due diligence visits with investment managers, usually alongside LIAC’s Portfolio Managers, in the selection and ongoing evaluation process to ensure that funds are managed in accordance with the stated investment policies.
- Recommend changes and/or actions, as appropriate, to further the objectives of LIAC and Lincoln’s product lines.
- Provide competitive intelligence, analysis and comparisons on an ongoing basis.
- The Senior Analyst provides research support to various thought leadership research projects that are undertaken within LIAC.
- Support relationships with fund partners, external consultants, asset allocation providers and research firms (e.g. Morningstar, FactSet, etc.).
- Support sales efforts and training for investment products through regular interaction with the Investment Support Desk and LFD.
- Stay abreast of evolving industry trends to ensure Lincoln’s product offerings remain competitive.
- Lead the day to day usage of the core analytical tools, both internal and external (e.g. FactSet, Morningstar), that are used by the Research and Portfolio Management teams.
- Work closely with the LIAC Portfolio Management team, to help design and maintain analytics, risk reports, attribution, stress testing, etc. for the LIAC managed funds.
- Key contributor to the risk management process across Lincoln’s investment business including analyzing fund attribution and fund exposures, derivative exposures and risk, and potential impacts to Lincoln’s variable annuity hedge program, product pricing impacts.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within the Funds Management Team.
- Participate in the relationship management of external asset/investment managers, including optimally leveraging their investment expertise, intellectual capital and best ideas while understanding Lincoln’s overall mission and the feasibility of various strategies and positions within LFG’s portfolio.
- 4 Year/Bachelor’s Degree required. CFA and/or MBA preferred.
- 5-7+ years of experience in Financial Services with primary background in investment analysis, within the following asset classes: domestic and international equities, domestic and global fixed income, money market and financial derivatives.
- Understanding of attribution and risk management concepts and experience with leading measurement tools (Factset, Barra, or other similar tools).
- Expertise in fund industry research and analytical tools required (e.g. Morningstar, Lipper, Zephyr,eVestmentAlliance, or other similar tools)
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrated strength in written and oral communication.
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint with ability to illustrate complicated information succinctly in slides and charts for the benefit of senior management.
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Familiarity with portfolio construction, asset allocation, modern portfolio theory, risk management and hedging.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Evaluate trends in data or information.
- Ability to communicate investment concepts to a variety of audiences is necessary.
- A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations.
- Possesses a bias for action and avoids workplace distraction.
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.