Alternate Locations: Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
The Senior Consultant, Talent Development is responsible for supporting the execution of Lincoln’s enterprise learning strategy, leading the selection, design, and implementation of Lincoln’s enterprise learning competency-based offerings, optimizing learning systems/processes/tools, and ensuring a best-in-class employee learning experience. Additionally, he/she will be responsible for identifying, designing, and delivering Lincoln tailored curriculum and program offerings for the enterprise and business unit needs.
- Direct and oversee Lincoln’s enterprise learning offerings and operations
- Select, design, develop and implement talent development offerings to meet organizational talent development needs; initial focus will be on the build out of the enterprise learning curriculum to align with Lincoln’s career framework, new hire and management training offerings
- Lead the selection and management of external training and development vendors
- Design Lincoln specific curriculum using effective instructional design principles
- Develop and implement instructor-led training materials, e-learning, reference workbooks and job aids.
- Develop alternative and blended learning methodologies and tools to design and promote learning and development (e.g., classroom-based learning, reference workbooks, job aids, eLearning, virtual, on demand self- paced, experiential learning opportunities, on-the-job stretch assignments, and mentoring.)
- Effectively engage and communicate with key stakeholders to enhance program offering awareness and utilization
- Ensure the successful delivery of all learning offerings (e.g., session management, vendor management and overseeing registration/attendance management, program/event management, etc.)
- Lead/manage learning projects; including consultation, needs analysis, planning, design/development, implementation, and evaluation (e.g., reskilling initiatives etc.)
- Design/reengineer learning processes to optimize investments in technology
- Manage, monitor, and ensure performance to budget
- Monitor the effectiveness of talent development programs/initiatives (e.g. return-on-investment, employee engagement, etc.)
- Undergraduate degree or 4+ years of comparable work experience is required; graduate degree and related educational concentration is highly preferred
- 5+ years of experience in learning and development with exceptional instructional design, and training facilitation/delivery skills
- Ability to provide technical instructional design consultation to subject matter experts in the business units
- Experience with Curriculum development tools such as Articulate and Captivate preferred but not required
- Deep knowledge and expertise in competency-based learning, leadership development programs, adult learning theory, program design/management, and learning program deployment/operations
- Deep working knowledge of key driver/levers of business
- In depth knowledge and understanding of all aspects of Talent Development
- In depth knowledge and experience determining instructional methods (i.e.: individual or group education, self-study, lectures, demonstrations, simulation exercises, role-playing, etc.) as appropriate for content and learner characteristics.
- Exceptional presentation skills with demonstrated ability to train at all levels of management
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting/exceeding performance expectations in a rigorous, fast-paced, matrix environment
- Knowledge and use of advanced learning systems, tools, and processes
- Demonstrated track record as a change agent, implementing people, process and technology innovation
- Experience managing and satisfying multiple business program stakeholders in an evolving business environment, and translating their needs to realistic program goals.
- Experience in measurement and analytics
- Ability and willingness to travel to deliver soft skill training programs in multiple locations (up to 30%)
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.