Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About The Company
Led by over 12,000 employees including you Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
This position will consult/analyze on progressively more complex projects/initiatives for the design, development, and delivery of advanced analytics and predictive modeling that enables the business to make data based decisions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Champions and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Serves as a resource to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on more complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Consults/Analyze on more complex assignments and/or projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Develops progressively more complex modeling techniques for pattern recognition, prediction, and classification.
- Produces progressively more complex solutions, solves business problems, and finds patterns and insights from the analysis of structured and unstructured data.
- Implements and maintains predictive and statistical models to identify business opportunities and solve progressively more complex business problems.
- Develops progressively more complex data visualizations to effectively communicate findings and insights to senior executives, managers, and key stakeholders.
- Provides input in the creation of roadmaps and a framework to deliver insights to achieve business goals and objectives that are in line with managements vision.
- Evaluates technologies, vendors, and cloud services that can support the business strategies and goals.
- Uses data-mining techniques to collect and compile data from a wide variety of data repositories.
- Creates progressively more complex models to optimize data accuracy, validates its purpose, and confirms its significance to the business.
- Identifies and interprets progressively more complex developments, variances, and trends; researches inconsistencies/anomalies in the data and presents findings to management.
- Provides expertise and collaborates with stakeholders to define data collection and analysis requirements and establish adequate business understanding in order to provide effective analysis.
ADDITIONAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines.
- Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: - Making suggestions for improvement - Learning new skills, procedures and processes.
- Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 4 Year/Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors) in Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Natural Sciences, or Information Systems (Minimum Required)
- 3 - 5+ Years of advanced analytics, modeling, and/or data mining experience that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities of this position. (Required)
Travel Type: National Domestic Travel Amount: up to 50%
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret both internal and external documents such as general media/publications, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, policies, proposals, and standard operating procedures.
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Apply concepts such as probability, statistics, modeling, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions.
- Works with mathematical concepts such as averages and/or variances.
- Ability to analyze information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution.
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Evaluate trends in data or information.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and recommend processes improvements.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong project management skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
- Strong knowledge of predictive modeling and data mining including commonly used third party data sources.
- Proficiency with a major programming language appropriate for data science (SQL, Python, Scikit-Learn, XGBoost, NLP) to manipulate data and draw insights.
- Advanced data mining and transformation skills.
No Licensure or Certification Required.
Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle & feel & talk, hear & see. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk & reach with hands & arms. Employee must be able to work more than 40 hrs per week.
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Opportunities throughout LFG are available to employees and applicants and are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. We have a drug free work environment and we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This Employer Participates in E-Verify. See theE-Verifynotices.
Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify. Ver el E-Verify avisos