Alternate Locations:Atlanta, GA (Georgia); Charlotte, NC (North Carolina); Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Omaha, NE (Nebraska); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
This position provides leadership, direction and functional expertise on complex employee relations projects/initiatives. S/he will provide direction and expertise to mitigate employee risk and ensure compliance with governmental EEO/AA and other regulations. S/he will contribute to the development of employee relations and EEO strategies.
- Manages a team Employee Relations Specialists: Mentors and develops team members by providing feedback and ongoing coaching.
- Provides proactive consulting to assigned business groups on identifying, measuring and mitigating employee risk.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future strategies.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and directs strategic process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs/executes approved strategy decisions and contributes to strategy creation for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides strategic direction to build and enhance the capability for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Contributes to the strategy development for Employee Relations and EEO issues/concerns for his/her assigned area of responsibility.
- Provides solutions and advises on employee relations strategies and risks including, but not limited to employee terminations, adverse impact, severance & outplacement services, employee engagement, conflict resolution, and investigatory techniques.
- Contributes to the development of EEO and fair employment strategies, programs, and policies and procedures which ensure compliance with relevant city, state, and federal statutes.
- Provides strategic direction and counsel to business and HR stakeholders on legal consideration, LFG’s policies/practices and company priorities while advocating both company and employee concerns.
- Conducts and oversees investigations and responds to complaints of alleged harassment, discrimination and Title VII, ADA, ADEA or Equal Pay Act complaints filed with various state and federal agencies as necessary.
- Leads, conducts and participates in internal investigations into allegations of fraud involving the companys employees and/or agents and threat, security and work place violence assessments.
- Researches best practices, current market trends and governmental regulations/statutory requirements to ensure incorporation in current strategies, policies and procedures, and practices of the enterprise.
- Acts as an internal partner in addressing issues (i.e. employee morale, personal and interpersonal problems, health and safety, work conditions, etc.); internal investigations; and monitoring of corrective actions taken.
- Develops and maintains Human Resources policies and procedures and communicates changes to policy as necessary.
- Provides direction on projects and ensures initiatives are fully executed in accordance with Employee Relations strategy, guidelines, and procedures
- 4 Year/Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors)
- 10+ Years of progressively more responsible experience in Human Resources that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position.
- 3+ Years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience including influencing senior management/critical stakeholders experience.
- Demonstrated ability to design and execute successful EEO and fair employment practice initiatives and programs that support short term and long long-term business needs.
- Deep working knowledge of EEO, Title VII, ADA, ADEA, Equal Pay, OFCCP, DOL and other fair employment regulatory compliance requirements.
- Deep working knowledge and understanding of all aspects of Human Resources such as diversity, employee relations, employee engagement, and human resource policies and procedures.
- Sound conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and implement processes improvements.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Proficiency with Microsoft #LI-CG1
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.