Alternate Locations:Concord, NH (New Hampshire); Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana); Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Hartford, CT (Connecticut); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
As the Project Manager, you will consult and analyze and deliver on more complex assignments and projects for Lincolns Enterprise IT PMO Annuity line of business. You will also act as a contact to applicable internal/external stakeholders. This position is responsible for establishing and leading more complex enterprise-wide, cross-functional initiatives and leads a variety of different projects using different delivery approaches; Waterfall, and Scrum.
- Develops and executes more complex effective project management throughout the project development lifecycle, including but not limited to: project planning, resource planning, change management and communications planning, managing changes to scope.
- Executes initiatives with an agile mindset in order to support a fast-paced application development environment while adhering to Agile and LFGs Adaptive Framework principles.
- Ensures that the project schedule is accurate, updated, and reflective of authorized changes.
- Manages & delivers more complex projects conforming to project mgmt standards & processes as designated by his/her assigned area of responsibility, including applicable change control & project mgmt methodology.
- Leverages knowledge of the project plan to ensure that it is accurate, updated and reflective of authorized changes.
- Provides consultation with project owners and appropriate stakeholders to manage project quality.
- Collaborates effectively with mgmt & appropriate project stakeholders on more complex issues & conflicts that impact time, cost, scope, quality & risk of assigned projects.
- Analyzes assigned project &/or program plans to validate if project outcomes will meet the business needs & align/support operational plans/objectives. Recommends mitigation plans.
- Consults with project owners & appropriate personnel to manage project quality & cost
- Identifies more complex project staffing needs & facilitates the procurement of needed hardware, software & human resources for the project.
- Monitors & evaluates more complex projects progress & performance against the project plan & develops more complex mitigation plans.
- Utilizes influence skills to help achieve desired business outcomes. Identifies & resolves more complex project issues to minimize delays.
- Facilitates project communications with sponsors & other leaders/contributors.
- Serves as a resource to team members & applicable internal/external stakeholders on project mgmt best practice standards, templates & practices.
- May serve as a mentor & share knowledge with project managers & project team members.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Champions and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Bachelors degree or 4+ years of comparable work experience; educational concentration in Computer Technology or similar field is preferred
- PMP designation is preferred.
- CSM designation is preferred.
- 3 - 5+ Years of experience in Project Management directly managing and executing application development initiatives (Required)
- Strong knowledge of Agile emerging practices, and experience using Scrum (Highly recommended)
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle as well as knowledge of both Agile delivery and traditional project management principles, practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret both internal and external documents such as general media/publications, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, policies, proposals, and standard operating procedures.
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and recommend processes improvements.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Microsoft Project & SharePoint.
- Strong project management skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.