Alternate Locations:Hartford, CT (Connecticut); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
The Data Analyst - Retirement & Annuity will consult/analyze and deliver actionable insights based on data analysis, key metrics and research and support the strategic goals & objectives for the Retirement Solutions Distribution team. They will also act as a resource to applicable internal/external stakeholders. They will proactively identify business and marketplace trends, and provide insights to inform and enhance strategic business decision making.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments into strategic planning and decision making for the Retirement Solutions Distribution team including annuities and small market retirement plans
- Serves as a resource to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on more complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Consults/Analyze on more complex assignments and/or projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Collects, interprets, and analyzes data across his/her area of responsibility to support management decisions and improve inefficiencies.
- Generates reports, presentations and insights that aid in transforming base transactional data into meaningful information to drive informed dialog and strategy development with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensures data integrity and develops procedures for increasing the quality and accuracy of information from multiple data sources.
- Maintains an understanding of how the data contained in the various systems are utilized, stays up to date on various industry sources of data, works closely with research partners to collect relevant data, and is able to triangulate various aspects of the data into a usable format to support decision making.
- Identifies and interprets more complex developments, variances, and trends; researches inconsistencies/anomalies in the data and presents findings to management.
- Serves as a resource to advise management & business stakeholders on use of quality business analytics, tools, and methods to improve efficiency, accuracy, and interpretation of various business metrics.
- 4 Year/Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors) in actuarial science, statistics, data analytics, business analysis, or social science (e.g. economics, political science, etc.).
- 3 - 5+ Years of annuity or retirement plan business experience in product manufacturing, distribution, research/business analysis, strategic planning, or competitive intelligence. (Required)
- Experience analyzing and interpreting different sources of data, leveraging data to develop business strategy, and/or using data to consult on business and strategic issues. (Required)
- Strong communication, presentation and consulting skills.
- Advanced Knowledge working with business analysis tools including excel pivot tables, statistical, analysis softwatre (SAS, SPSS, R, etc.), data reporting or visualization, and/or SQL database
- Experience delivering data presentations using PowerPoint, tableau, Microstrategy or other data visualization/presentation tools.
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Evaluate trends in data or information.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong project management skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements. #LI-CG1
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Opportunities throughout LFG are available to employees and applicants and are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. We have a drug free work environment and we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.