Alternate Locations: Dover, NH (New Hampshire)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
The Instructional Designer role is a key contributor to the Group Protection Learning and Development whose main responsibilities are to design and develop custom learning programs by collaborating with colleagues, leveraging internal resources and partnering with external vendors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and develop instructional materials (tutorials, job aids, reference guides, audio and video scripts, story boards, navigational text, tests, etc.) that transform complex information into professionally written, interactive multimedia instruction.
- Support established instructional design standards to analyze, design, develop, implement, and evaluate enterprise and business unit learning programs. Promote organizational standards for instructional design through a governance model.
- Ensure training solutions incorporate best practices in adult learning.
- Stay current with learning and development trends through research, internal/external benchmarking, participation in professional associations, etc. Recommend how to incorporate new trends into current and future solutions.
- Create and maintain a curriculum that teaches fundamental adult learning principles, instructional design methods, needs analysis and performance consulting skills, and learning facilitation techniques.
- Consult with learning leaders to develop instructionally sound objectives, content, learning strategies and evaluations to deliver customized learning solutions.
- Ensure instructional design solutions are appropriately matched to instructional objectives and desired performance outcomes.
- Design training interventions that incorporate best practices in behavioral and cognitive sciences to effectively address organizational performance issues.
- Design content structures and learning methodologies for blended solutions that include traditional classroom, virtual classroom, e-Learning courseware, video, and virtual simulations.
- Facilitate content and quality assurance reviews to enhance or modify existing learning programs.
- Ensure content development tools are aligned to learning technology standards adopted by Lincoln Financial.
- Ensure instructional materials conform to established content standards for LMS interoperability.
- Accountable for successful collaboration and leadership of work stream projects necessary that support the broader Group Protection Learning Strategy.
- Manage multiple project work streams effectively.
- Maintain project documents, status reports, measurements, and performance expectations for all projects.
- Assist in managing external vendor resources for instructional design and content development projects.
- Effectively manage vendor relationships to ensure effective delivery of services for assigned projects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Education, Human Performance Technology or related field; Masters preferred.
- 5+ years of directly related instructional design experience and execution of all phases of the design life cycle.
- Familiarity with ADDIE, SAM, Agile content development methodologies. Knowledge of rapid design/development methodologies and software tools.
- 3 5 years of eLearning development experience.
- Prior experience with e-Learning authoring software required (Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, or equivalent development tools).
- Experience conducting needs analysis, writing instructional objectives, recommending varied instructional models, creating blended learning solutions, incorporating learning object methodology, and integrating measurement standards.
- Prior experience in facilitating instructional sessions.
- Subject matter expertise in the design and development of instructional materials, incorporating adult learning principles, Blooms Taxonomy, Kirkpatricks Levels of Evaluations, Gagnes Events of Instruction, and other instructional design concepts.
- Prior experience with e-Learning standards and LMS courseware integration with AICC and SCORM.
- Knowledge of emerging and progressive content design techniques and strategies (i.e., gamification and social learning).
- Knowledge of Web usability standards and practices (i.e., Section 508 requirements).
- Knowledge of criterion reference testing guidelines.
- Direct experience in a large corporate environment strongly preferred (with exposure to diverse projects).
- Experience in working with multimedia and graphic design professionals during the course development process
- Innovative thinking and problem-solving skills. Ability to think conceptually, analytically and creatively.
- Travel Type: National Domestic
- Travel Amount: up to 10%
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.