Alternate Locations:Atlanta, GA (Georgia); Boston, MA (Massachusetts); Dover, NH (New Hampshire); Omaha, NE (Nebraska)
Relocation assistance will be considered/provided for this opportunity within our company guidelines.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
The Consultant, Product Implementation will act as a resource to applicable internal/external stakeholders and lead product driven implementations, focusing on management of product launch initiatives, value added services and innovation. This role includes leading broad groups, acting as the communication hub and influencing decisions. S/he will also provide direction to external vendors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Champions and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Serves as a resource to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on more complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Consults/Analyze on more complex assignments and/or projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Manages and delivers new product and rider initiatives and other product driven projects from inception through product launch. Activities can include planning, securing resources, monitoring, and overall management of product launch through implementation.
- Responsible to define, develop and support cross-product capabilities including value-add products and services implementation and ongoing management
- Supports product innovation and development initiatives past ideation through implementation by partnering with product management, business area program office, and IT to achieve efficiently executed implementations
- Collaborates with Innovation team to support innovation processes as part of the product-development and management lifecycle, and supports implementation of innovation pilots and/or custom solution development in support of national accounts.
- Partners with stakeholders from across the business to support the product development process and facilitate the implementation and integration of various product initiatives while ensuring alignment with the overall business unit plan & strategy
- Supports development & implementation of cross-product capabilities and linkages to ensure a consistent & efficient customer experience as well as improve operational efficiency
- Understands business rationale and more complex processes to be able to navigate and advocate on behalf of Product Management.
- Interacts and builds strong collaborative relationships with Product Management, Actuarial, Distribution, departmental staff, key business and IT partners and third party administrators.
- Effectively negotiates to ensure timely and cost-efficient delivery of new products/riders and administrative / process enhancements.
- Prepares and delivers business case documents, planning exhibits, metrics and other relevant materials; creating transparency into performance, status and overall health of the projects.
- Influences business workflow and supports the development of and documentation of business processes.
- Approves and signs-off on all product/rider and system enhancement implementations, as required.
- Monitors and controls internal and external budget for IT and business services.
- May mentor departmental staff and serves as a resource on product/rider features and concepts. Conducts trainings and prepares documentation and reference materials.
- Manages and executes department projects.
- Identifies and plans for future enhancements to streamline and automate processes.
- Collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) in 4 Year/Bachelors degree in business or other related science or equivalent work experience. (Minimum Required)
- 3 Years insurance industry experience. (Required)
- Travel Type: National Domestic
- Travel Amount: up to 15%
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Opportunities throughout LFG are available to employees and applicants and are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. We have a drug free work environment and we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This Employer Participates in E-Verify. See the E-Verify notices.
Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify. Ver el E-Verify avisos.