Alternate Locations: Greensboro, NC (North Carolina)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE:LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $222 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2015.
As an Inforce Management Consultant, you will consult on more complex assignments and initiatives for Lincoln’s Life Insurance business area. You will serve as a technical resource to develop and standardize spreadsheet calculations & models and train end-users on use of models. This position will also lead projects related to more complex issue resolution and advise IT to ensure calculations in administrative systems appropriately align to Inforce Policies.
- Leads initiative to standardize calculations and develop user-friendly models/spreadsheets which explain and illustrate policy performance of inforce products
- Rigorously tests and protects models for accuracy and reliability
- Trains end-users on internal teams on use of models
- Serves as a technical resource to review and resolve more complex issues; revises calculations/models as needed
- Leads projects related to more complex Business Work Requests (BWR) for administrative systems, especially for issues with broader scope such as those impacting multiple products/lines
- Liaises with internal stakeholders and management in various business areas to ensure proposed changes to administrative systems and/or processes will have no negative impact
- Reviews process to quality check policy information and calculations in various administrative systems; recommends improvements to process as needed
- Advises IT on proposed updates/changes to administrative systems to ensure systems accurately reflect calculations and how product performs per policy specifications; may build models as examples for complex calculations
- Reviews IRS code calculations prepared by internal/external stakeholders, especially more complex calculations for legacy products which require additional research
- Consults with Legal and tax attorneys to ensure calculations are compliant with tax and state insurance regulations
- Recommends and implements improvements in processes and procedures within the department and other business areas
- Provides support on ad hoc reports/assignments as needed
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines
- Complies with all company and site policies and procedures
- Remains current in profession and industry trends
- 4 Year Bachelors Degree in Business, Accounting, or Mathematics; or 4+ Years of Equivalent Work Experience that directly aligns with the responsibilities of this position
- 3 - 5+ years of experience in the life insurance industry directly related to the specific responsibilities of this position
- Advanced Excel Skills – ability to manipulate data, create formulas, pivot tables, macros
- Apply concepts such as probability, statistics, modeling, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions.
- Works with mathematical concepts such as averages and/or variances
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations
- Possesses a bias for action and avoids workplace distractions.
- Drives performance targets to completion
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.