Alternate Locations: Philadelphia, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
This position will consult/analyze and deliver on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned areas of Financial Analysis responsibility. They will support both a Broker-Dealer channel and insurance channels by gathering information from multiple sources to generate dashboards and models to be presented across the organization. This individual will also model and analyze revenue, expense, and operational budget/forecasts and generate reports that compare actual to forecasted/budgeted data.
- Independently manage tasks as well as collaborate within the team and across the broader Financial Planning and Analysis teams.
- Ability to hone in on fine details to pin point causation for broader picture issues.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Ability to translate and integrate operational metrics and variables into financial outputs and analysis.
- Champions and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Serves as a resource to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on more complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Maintains working knowledge of current Financial Planning and Analysis trends, tools, and resources with the ability to learn and enhance the future state through improvements, innovations, and future tools and resources.
- Consults/Analyze on more complex assignments and/or projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Prepares, analyzes and reports on more complex financial information for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides management with a more complex financial perspective for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Evaluates financial information to develop and deliver more complex, standard, and ad-hoc financial analysis.
- Provides support to the financial analysis team in the preparation and delivery the analysis of financial information including more complex financial analysis for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies financial analysis issues/concerns and recommends mitigation solution(s) to management.
- Undergraduate degree or 4+ years of comparable work experience
- 3-5 years experience in the financial analysis experience that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret both internal and external documents such as general media/publications, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, policies, proposals, and standard operating procedures.
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed, and logical discussions/presentations.
- Ability to analyze information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution.
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Apply concepts such as probability, statistics, modeling, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates strong project management skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Hyperion.
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Opportunities throughout LFG are available to employees and applicants and are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. We have a drug free work environment and we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.