Alternate Locations: Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana); Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Hartford, CT (Connecticut); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE:LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $222 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2015.
To support Life modeling initiatives with a focus on Life principles based reserving (PBR) implementation and reserve reporting.
- ALFA Modeling and Process Development: Develop ALFA logic and tools to improve PBR modeling and reporting efficiency and gain insight into results analysis. Maintain and expand knowledge of inforce Life ALFA model to identify and execute on model improvement opportunities. Embrace a continuous improvement mindset to constantly innovate methodologies and assumptions embedded in the model.
- Assumption Setting: Develop expertise in the Valuation Manual requirements for assumptions to support efforts to define assumption parameters appropriate for PBR reporting
- PBR Reporting: Analyze, document, and communicate results of model, assumption, product, and economic updates as they interact with the reserve calculation.
- Model Validation and Governance: Develop, expand, and maintain validation tools such as external spreadsheets used to verify model results. Create and maintain proper documentation of model changes. Assist in developing and executing model reporting controls and governance structures. Critically monitor modeling methods and assumptions, identifying areas to improve.
- Team Environment: Work with a team of professionals on critical model enhancement initiatives in support of PBR reporting, collaborating across the organization to support strong relationships with Life Pricing, Life Valuation, Life Model Governance, Corporate Actuarial, and others. Support the efforts of other teams to overcome challenges with projecting PBR reserves and using MG-ALFA.
- Undergraduate Degree or4+ years of comparable work experience; educational concentration in Actuarial Sciences is preferred
- ASA designation required, FSA preferred
- Analytical skills: ability to think critically, identify, and solve potential challenges
- Programming/modeling skills: proficiency in MG-ALFA is preferred but not required
- Life product knowledge and general insurance/business knowledge
- Knowledge of PBR & VM-20 is preferred but not required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, adaptable to a wide variety of audiences throughout Lincoln’s organizational structure
- Priority setting, time management and organizational skills
- Programming/modeling skills, proficiency in MG-ALFA is preferred but not required #LI-CG1
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.