Alternate Locations:Philadelphia, PA (Pennsylvania); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
The small retirement plan marketing specialist will perform and deliver on routine assignments/projects while simultaneously leveraging and applying knowledge of their assigned area(s) of responsibility. S/he implements efficient and effective marketing plan components and/or collateral materials that result in measurable business goals and drive market awareness of Lincolns retirement plan products and services.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Promotes and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Ability to influence and establish relationships with marketing peers, relationship management, and sales stakeholders to understand impacts of initiatives, launches, and/or actions on the business while supporting and driving marketing plan components.
- Obtain understanding of key trimester campaigns, product/initiative launches, collateral architecture, products, the finalist experience and overarching processes to drive marketing and business objectives.
- Performs and delivers, in a time sensitive manner, on routine assignments/projects while simultaneously leveraging and applying knowledge of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and communicates to management process improvements that reduce workloads or improve quality for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Implements components of marketing plans, in collaboration with appropriate stakeholders, which are driven by assigned area(s) of responsibilitys business goals.
- Creates related communications and marketing collateral, in collaboration with appropriate stakeholders, that support consistent enterprise core messaging and business goals for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Communicates marketing plans components and ensures they are understood by appropriate stakeholders and team members.
- Ensures marketing collateral content is accurate, consistent in terms of style, quality tone of voice, and which may optimize market awareness of Lincolns products and/or services.
- Builds relationships and partners with internal stakeholders to elicit and capture marketing business goals and ensure all marketing tools, collateral and plan components are in alignment with the business goals and objectives
- Coordinates the development of marketing materials and manages firm filing process.
- Reviews and/or communicates performance metrics that track and assess the effectiveness of assigned marketing plan components to management and/or appropriate internal stakeholders.
- Coordinates and/or participates in all assigned marketing projects.
- Utilizes resources to ensure marketing collateral is compliant with all applicable regulatory requirements and is consistent with Lincoln editorial and branding standards.
Additional Position Responsibilites
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: - Making suggestions for improvement - Learning new skills, procedures and processes
- Performs other duties as required.
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) (Minimum Required)
- 1-3+ years of experience in marketing that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as policies, proposals and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to write correspondence, policies and proposals to various targeted audiences
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and/or regulatory or industry-related communications
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to effectively interact and partner with all levels of the organization including senior leadership
- Critical thinker with an ability to analyze information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or strategy
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders across all levels
- Ability to find common ground and can gain collaboration among senior management, colleagues and peers
- Demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and logical discussions and/or presentations
- Must be self-motivated with an independent work ethic
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize time while multitasking
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrated solid relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. management, peers and colleagues).
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrates solid project management skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
- No Licensure or Certification Required.
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Opportunities throughout LFG are available to employees and applicants and are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. We have a drug free work environment and we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.