Alternate Locations:Hartford, CT (Connecticut)
Relocation assistance will be considered/provided for this opportunity within our company guidelines.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
As the Director, Account Executive, Wirehouse & EdJones Team, you will be responsible for all aspects of the Underwriting and New Business functions for our MoneyGuard applications that are submitted to Lincoln. You will manage the team, the quality of the underwriting, the quality of the service, the cost efficiency of the processing and interface with any third-party administrators (TPAs). You will drive industry leading practices within the team and across the Underwriting and New Business department.
- Develops and fosters effective, long-standing relationships that influence sales with external customers.
- Drives strong partnerships with Sales, which includes recruiting of new business relationships by team and acting as a business partner to the sales organization to drive annual life sales.
- Invests in internal and external relationships that are sustainable over time and not focused on a specific outcome.
- Represents Underwriting and New Business across the LFG enterprise and externally in industry meetings.
- Will assist with communication of Underwriting and Operational concerns to third-party administrators (TPAs) management and responsible for monitoring and reporting on trends to identify training opportunities across all aspects of processing.
- Ensures quality underwriting outcomes and quality of service, including promoting ease of doing business.
- Negotiates Underwriting Offers/Exception processing including working closely with Distribution and Manufacturing management to ensure offers and exceptions are in-line with departments underwriting philosophy.
- Direct, develop, coach and manage individuals. Provides team direction that supports development, drives sales and supports department initiatives.
- Establishes team direction regarding productivity, staffing and acceptable quality standards. Actively manages risk assessment process balancing sales goals and mortality results.
- Shares best practices and ensures consistent/efficient execution, to balance workloads and the deployment of flexible resources to meet high priority customer needs by working closely with the Channel executive and other Underwriting Account Executives
- Provides leadership to the Underwriting and New Business organization as a whole ensuring common practices, procedures, compliance, and the achievement of the enterprise goal of being an Industry leading organization.
- Ensures business unit results through establishing and meeting or exceeding customer service level agreements.
- Inspires team leads and project managers to generate practical and relevant improvement.
- Prepares and manages a direct annual budget, including oversight of medical fees.
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Ensures quality administrative functions (e.g., policy issue, accounting) are performed in compliance with accounting, SOX, FINRA, SEC and state guidelines for insurance.
- Manages reports and analyzes trends to drive sales, continuous improvement and employee satisfaction
- Drives continuous improvement and metrics management by working closely with the Operations Excellence team
- Executes significant change management initiatives.
- Identifies improvement ideas, drives, and implements and achieves projected results.
- Manages innovation and continuous improvement of the customer experience.
- Undergraduate degree or 4+ years of comparable work experience
- 7+ Years of experience in Individual Life Underwriting & New Business Operations and/or Insurance Operations that directly align with the specific responsibilities for this position
- 3+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience that directly aligns with specific responsibilities for this position
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrated strong business development skills to drive sales and grow the business.
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and logical discussions/presentations
- A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations
- Demonstrate strong implementation skills, problem solving and analytical skills
- Possesses a bias for action and avoids workplace distractions
- Drives performance targets to completion
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.