Alternate Locations:Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana); Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Hartford, CT (Connecticut); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
This position will support the Annuity Product & Competitive Intelligence teams. S/he will also act as a technical resource to applicable internal/external stakeholders. S/he will provide more complex analytical support, technical and actuarial support for range of diverse projects. S/he will function as a resource to take data analytics and transform the data into clear and concise visualizations/tools to share business impacts with key stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Builds and maintains relationships internal/external stakeholders to prepare research information and communicate with business management.
- Collaborate with team members to understand, communicate, and implement analytics and process best practices.
- Collects, analyzes, and translates data into insightful presentations and visualizations to share with key stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Communicates data insights with clear and appropriate message points, summaries, reports, and presentations.
- Coordinates more complex analytical research and participates on project teams as needed.
- Depending on business needs, extracts, transforms, and loads data from a variety of sources into datasets and ultimately into visualization tools, while reviewing for reasonableness and accuracy.
- Extracts and integrates data from various sources and maintains data integrity according to established procedures.
- Finds and implements ways to enhance Competitive Intelligence tools and processes to generate greater accuracy and efficiency.
- Maintains and updates databases, files, and queries for use in analyses or reports.
- Provides more complex analytical support in his/her area(s) of responsibility by preparing and analyzing data to be used in dynamic tool, calculations and/or models.
- Provides more complex reports, including summaries, charts, or graphs to describe and interpret findings to product team and/or business management.
- Provides more complex research and analysis to support business operations and presents findings to various stakeholders.
- Using structured requirements process, clearly articulates, documents and validates more complex business requirements.
- 3 - 5+ Years experience in data/analytical support that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position(Required)
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's);Degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Business, Finance or related field
- FINRA Series 6 designation desirable
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret both internal and external documents such as general media/publications, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, policies, proposals, and standard operating procedures.
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Apply concepts such as probability, statistics, modeling, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions.
- Works with mathematical concepts such as averages and/or variances.
- Ability to analyze information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution.
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Evaluate trends in data or information.
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and recommend processes improvements.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access), Data Visualization tools
- Strong project management skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.