Alternate Locations:Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana); US Northeast; Work from Home
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
As the Alliance Market Account Manager, in Retirement Plan Services you will consult/analyze and deliver on more complex assignments/projects for your assigned book of retirement plans. You will also act as a resource to applicable internal/external stakeholders. You will be responsible for developing and strengthening relationships with internal and external customers, analyzing complex issues and be an advocate on behalf of the customer for driving positive change.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) or responsibility, assess the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions
- Champions and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives
- Serves as a resource to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on more complex assignments/projects
- Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality
- Consults/Analyze on more complex assignments and/or projects
- Develops and strengthens relationships with internal/external stakeholders through both proactive and responsive customer contacts to maintain and develop preferred status by exceeding client expectations, fully understanding the client and developing an in-depth understanding of their plan operation, sensitivities, needs, and objectives with respect to the administration of their retirement plan
- Advocates on the customers behalf influencing the direction of key projects and initiatives by leveraging knowledge in qualified retirement plans, plan design and Lincoln systems and processes to enhance plan administration efficiency by proactively providing plan analysis and consultative advice to the plan sponsor
- Develops, maintains, & executes more complex client relationship management plans which ensure that the clients’ overall service needs are satisfied & achieve the business, profitability & retention objectives
- Serves as a resource to internal stakeholders on more complex relationship management solutions which optimize client satisfaction & achieve desired business results
- Builds, enhances & maintains relationships with existing internal/external clients
- Develops, executes and/or collaborates with internal partners to develop proactive, creative, & ongoing more complex client contact initiatives
- Builds, enhances & maintains relationships with contacts at client organizations, ensuring clients’ overall service needs are satisfied
- Identifies & resolves more complex client issues/concerns in a timely & collaborative manner
- Identifies clients with risk of retention & notifies management
- Develops & executes more complex plans to retain clients including assisting clients to determine which financial products and/or services best meet their needs
- Consults with clients on the advantages & disadvantages of different financial products and/or services
- Provides information, education, training, & consults on processes, procedures, products and/or services
- May collaborate with internal stakeholders on processes/procedures, proposals and/or promotional materials
- 4 Year/Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors)
- ASPPA designations preferred
- FINRA S6 within 90 days of hire
- 3 - 5+ Years’ experience in relationship management that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities
- Working knowledge of retirement plans strongly preferred
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret both internal and external documents such as general media/publications, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, policies, proposals, and standard operating procedures
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Apply concepts such as probability, statistics, modeling, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions
- Works with mathematical concepts such as averages and/or variances
- Ability to analyze information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Evaluate trends in data or information
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop collaborative approaches
- Demonstrates ability to identify and recommend processes improvements.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style
- Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong project management skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.