Alternate Locations:Greensboro, NC (North Carolina)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
As the Manager, Internal Audit Compliance, you will provide an independent, assurance and consultative approach designed to add value and improve organizational operations by evaluating risk management, control, and governance processes. This role will afford an outstanding opportunity for growth and exposure by focusing on an in-depth review of the compliance aspects and functions from an internal audit perspective. You will also have exposure to LFGs Operations and Information Technology (IT) audit teams.
- Ensure assigned area of responsibility collects audit data as required documentation according to plan
- Partner with the Audit’s Senior Leadership in the early identification of emerging control issues and reporting them in a timely manner to the Senior Leadership Team and business stakeholders
- Finalize audit findings and using judgment opine on the control environment
- Ensure consistent methodologies, policies, and alignment of resources to foster a unified audit team atmosphere
- Possess in-depth subject matter knowledge for key areas of responsibility
- Collaborate with the General Auditor and Sr. Audit Leadership Team to obtain direction for tactical implementation of key initiatives; including tracking and monitoring progress towards achieving goals and objectives, analyzing data, ensuring follow-through on the part of key resources, and sustaining momentum needed to drive the initiatives
- Set standards and ensures that his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility are meeting all objectives pertaining to resources, quality, compliance, regulations, productivity, budget and project management
- Monitor key risk indicators, significant change activities and escalation of emerging issues to senior management in a timely fashion
- Build organizational capability within the assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Prepares and communicates technical documents, presentations, and communications (memos, fact sheets, collateral materials) pertaining to risk and financial implications to a wide range of technical and non-technical audiences
- Review and approves the communication of subordinates
- Drive use and adoption of automated software tools and stays abreast of current technology in the department and in the business areas
- Provide subject matter expertise, technical principles, expert judgment, and cross-functional expertise to independently address a broad range of complex problems
- Contribute to the development, implementation and ongoing compliance monitoring of all business associate agreements to address all privacy compliance concerns, requirements and responsibilities
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form, audit results and issues
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements, regulations and controls by examining new and existing legislation and analyzing records, reports, operating practices, and documentation; recommending opportunities to strengthen the internal control structure
- Remain abreast of industry and professional trends and make recommendations to senior leaders and the General Auditor regarding industry best practices, including recommendations on various topics and monitoring to assure implementation
- Identify process inefficiencies and cost reductions for area(s) of responsibility; develops and implements mitigation plans
- Identify gaps in corporate practices, policies and procedures and leads efforts to remediate gaps
- Collaborate effectively, develops and manages effective relationships with key stakeholders including various levels of management throughout the enterprise and external auditors and clients to foster and promote Internal Audit’s reputation as a value-added business partner
- Partner with legal, compliance, risk management and other control groups establishing strong work relationships, while maintaining independence
- Partner with colleagues in other locations and across lines of businesses to facilitate achievement of the overall desired audit coverage
- Ensure that top talent is hired, developed and retained through active coaching
- Provide training and development opportunities, including stretch assignments, for subordinates and gives honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent
- Undergraduate degree or 4+ years comparable work experience; educational concentration in Accounting preferred
- Licensing: CPA and/or CIA designations required. Ability to obtain FINRA Series 6 or 7 within six months of date of hire
- 7+ years of compliance experience preferably in the financial services industry; or 10+ years of equivalent progressively increasing work experience in audit or compliance services
- 3+ years of managerial and/or supervisory experience including influencing senior management and critical stakeholder responsibility
- Sound knowledge of internal audit methodology, including the COSO Internal Control framework and IIA Standards
- Strong knowledge of financial services, specifically life insurance and broker-dealer businesses and the drivers of financial and operational strength of these businesses
- Demonstrated ability to generate and evaluate audit findings and internal control recommendations, as well as broader governance issues
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook) #LI-CG1
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.