Alternate Locations:Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
This AVP position connects people and strategy to tackle complex business opportunities and create an environment where people are excited to come to work to achieve exceptional business results for Lincoln. The AVP collaborates with leaders to embed new ways of thinking and acting in their organizations, to drive employee engagement and development at all levels, while sustaining performance that drives customer, client and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Leads engagements that identify root causes for business issues and works with HR and Business leadership to develop cost effective solutions that drive business results
- Through effective process consulting skills, works directly with HR and business leaders to identify and overcome performance obstacles
- Directs and executes organizational development and effectiveness strategy decisions
- Facilitates strategy creation for the business
- Provides strategic direction for organization design challenges
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex solutions
- Work with leaders and employees to drive the people strategy through customized team effectiveness interventions
- Analyze and synthesize data from multiple assessments into meaningful conclusions that enhance fact-based executive development and talent planning; coach’s executives on how to effectively interpret and use assessment and development information and tools
- Leads development planning efforts for executives and the business
- Through team and executive assessment and development efforts, directly influences strategy, planning and execution of Talent -related initiatives
- Uses change management principles and strategies to create an environment that effectively adopts, supports and fosters change
- Directs and optimizes organizational change initiatives through education, facilitation, and customized tools and services
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for the business, assesses the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future strategies
- Collaborates with HR leaders to develop and implement the people development strategy; implement strategies, tools, and processes that reflect the most current thought leadership in organization development practice and keeps abreast of talent trends in the financial services industry
- Undergraduate Degree or 4+ years of comparable work experience
- Advanced degree in Psychology, Education or Organizational Dynamics preferred
- 10+ years (AVP) of experience in organization, leadership and/or talent development, educational experience and/or professional experience
- Knows organizational, leadership and management theory and practices and can implement those practices in the business in a meaningful and relevant way
- Experience in collaborating effectively and leading without authority across the enterprise; coaching and advising on talent development challenges for all levels in the organization
- Strong understanding of talent and organization development best practices and market trends.
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among senior management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and platform speaking skills with collaborative style
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate knowledgeably and credibly with senior management and internal constituents.
- Ability to think critically, analyze information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution
- Computer Skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to work with web-based assessment systems; program evaluation and intranet-based processes and systems
- Ability to work with others in a team environment and present effectively to groups.
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.