Alternate Locations: Baltimore, MD (Maryland); Charlotte, NC (North Carolina); Cleveland, OH (Ohio); Columbus, OH (Ohio); Dallas, TX (Texas); Detroit, MI (Michigan); Hartford, CT (Connecticut); Jacksonville, FL (Florida); Philadelphia, PA (Pennsylvania); Pittsburgh, PA (Pennsylvania); Raleigh, NC (North Carolina); Rye Brook, NY (New York); Virginia Beach, VA (Virginia); Washington, DC (District of Columbia)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
The AVP, Estate, Business, Income Tax Planning Strategy Group - Advisor of Technical Services will provide strategic leadership, counsel, direction & structure to Lincoln Financial Network advisors and a national financial planning team supporting the advisors in high net worth comprehensive financial planning. The position will support the advisors and team with excellent advanced tax and legal functions needed for the estate, business, and income tax planning marketplace. Position involves industry and legislative monitoring efforts with proactive creation of marketsensitive materials. S/he will provide leadership to the national team and advisors by leading initiatives, supporting case design, interpreting legal and income tax matters, providing clear guidance on complex client solutions/problems, and researching matters related to complex financial planning topics.
- Provide innovative, marketoriented, and revenuegenerating solutions to customers including advice on income tax, business law, business planning (structuring entities), legal liability, insurance law, trust and estate law, family law, and other issues.
- Perform extremely complex legal research. Identify business and legal issues that are not apparent to advisors and management personnel.
- Monitor, analyze, and assess the impact of legislative, regulatory, and industry changes.
- Identify issues, analyze alternatives, and develop solutions involving various income tax, insurance, and legal issues arising in various forms with an infinite number of possible client objectives/scenarios.
- Conduct conference calls with clients' legal or accounting advisors to illustrate the value and credibility of recommendations being made to distinguish Lincoln Financial Network from the competition.
- Communicate clearly and concisely the laws and their application to the advisors, national planning team, management, clients' advisors, and clients.
- Review advisor, client, and management sales materials to assure technical compliance.
- Develop and analyze new case designs to satisfy a constantly changing market environment.
- Design and conduct internal training within Lincoln Financial Network which includes advisor meetings, national WebEx training sessions, and national conferences.
- Direct and enhance organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identify and direct strategic process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provide strategic leadership to team members, advisors, and key stakeholders on case-specific observations and make appropriate recommendations when necessary.
- Direct the implementation of Lincoln approved financial planning software tools to create complex models to strategically address advisors' client needs.
- Act as point of contact for advisors and staff seeking advanced technical and/or planning support from LFN's National Planning Center.
- Direct training on financial planning & timely estate, business, and income tax topics to senior management, team members, advisors, and office staff when necessary.
- Carry out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) (Minimum Required)
- Law degree: Juris Doctorate (JD), required, Admission to a state bar, required
- Master of Laws (LL.M. in taxation), highly desirable, M.B.A. or B.S. in Accounting or Finance highly desirable
- Insurance Law course highly desirable
- 10+ Years legal experience with a law firm or financial services provider (Required).
- Preferably including 2-5 years in a Big Four accounting and/or law firm in tax, business law, tax accounting, business planning (structuring entities), qualified plans, and/or real estate. Having 2-5 years of advanced marketing/advanced underwriting experience or equivalent is also desirable.
- Strong legal and tax background with an ability to apply and communicate that information in a variety of settings.
- Familiarity with insurance products (e.g., life insurance, annuities, and long-term care).
- Experience with client/sales meetings desirable.
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and logical discussions/presentations.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate knowledgeably and credibly with senior management and internal constituents.
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among senior management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.