Alternate Locations:Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Hartford, CT (Connecticut)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
As the Life Product Implementation Consultant, you will lead product driven projects for Life Solutions including product development. This role includes leading broad groups, acting as the communication hub and influencing decisions. You will ensure the customer experience in implementation development initiatives.
- Manages and leads life new product development activities and other life solutions driven projects from ideation through market launch. Overall governance of activities associated to the project planning, initiation, execution, monitoring and closing of projects.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for Lincoln’s Life Insurance products, assess the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Champions and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives
- Serves as a resource to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on more complex assignments and projects
- Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality
- Understands business rationale and end-to-end processes to be able to navigate and advocate on behalf of Product Management.
- Interacts and builds strong collaborative relationships with Product Management, Actuarial, Distribution, departmental staff, key business IT partners and third-party administrators.
- Effectively negotiates to ensure timely and cost-efficient delivery of new products/riders and administrative / process enhancements.
- Prepares and delivers business case documents, planning exhibits, metrics and other relevant materials; creating transparency into performance, status and overall health of the projects.
- Influences business workflow and supports the development of and documentation of business processes.
- Monitors and controls internal and external budget for IT and business services.
- May mentor departmental staff and serves as a resource on product/rider features and concepts. Conducts trainings and prepares documentation and reference materials.
- Manages and executes department projects.
- Identifies and plans for future enhancements to streamline and automate processes.
- Collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- 4 Year Bachelors Degree or 4+ years of equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors)
- PMP Certification preferred but not required
- 3+ years of financial services industry experience, preferably in Individual Life Insurance
- 3+ years of experience in roles such as project management, project consulting, change management
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Evaluate trends in data or information.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and recommend processes improvements.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong project management skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.