Alternate Locations:Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
General Purpose of Job
The Money Movement and Maintenance Processing Manager is responsible for daily operations of the LFN Broker Dealer Operations cashiering and account maintenance teams. The teams are responsible for processing cashiering and account maintenance requests from our advisors and internal teams. S/he will oversee the management of 14-20 associates, ensuring good customer relations are maintained, and more complex processes and requests are resolved fairly and effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assess the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Manages and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Establishes and implements individual and team priorities, performance goals and objectives to ensure completion of responsibility for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides training and development opportunities, including stretch assignments, for team members and gives honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent.
- Manages and evaluates individual/team performance and takes appropriate action to meet and/or exceed performance standards for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality across for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Serves as a resource to team members and internal/external stakeholders on more complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Manages assigned area(s) of responsibility to ensure workloads are appropriately balanced among team members.
- Ensures that top talent is hired and retained for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Builds organizational capability within his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Manages a team and processes for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Manages the processes and administration of customer inquiries for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility ensuring accurate, fair and efficient call management.
- Provides more complex guidance to client service team members on customer inquiries and/or concerns for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Reviews and resolves more complex escalated issues and concerns for assigned area(s) of responsibilities. Escalates issues as needed to management.
- Forecasts processing volumes and short and long-term staffing requirements for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Develops metrics and provides more complex analysis regarding cashiering and processing volumes and team performance to management.
- Ensures team is appropriately trained to respond to customer inquiries/concerns
- Designs and implements training plans based on assessment of team needs
- Ensures that the team maintains customer confidentiality while complying with privacy regulations.
- Monitors and controls expenses within defined budget limits
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: - Making suggestions for improvement- Learning new skills, procedures and processes
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Certification
- 4 Year/Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
- FINRA Series 7 Required
- 5+ Years of experience in Client Services that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position, including 2+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience Ability to evaluate information and the implications of a course of action or solution.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret both internal and external documents such as general media/publications, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, policies, proposals, and standard operating procedures.
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution.
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Evaluate trends in data or information.
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure workloads are appropriately balanced among team members.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and recommend processes improvements.
- Demonstrates ability to successfully hire, retain, develop and coach staff via a culture of real-time performance feedback, with ability to build both technical and leadership skills.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong project management skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.