Alternate Locations:Atlanta, GA (Georgia); Boston, MA (Massachusetts); Dover, NH (New Hampshire); Hartford, CT (Connecticut); Omaha, NE (Nebraska)
Relocation assistance will be considered/provided for this opportunity within our company guidelines.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
As the AVP, Absence Management & Statutory Products you will provide leadership, direction, and functional expertise in the overall management of Lincolns group products. This role will develop and implement product strategy, vision and value proposition, new products and product enhancements. The role will lead a team for the development and market release of products, and manage the product profitability and product lifecycle to ensure products are market competitive and meet customer needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads processes for driving strategic market innovations and differentiation for all product development initiatives as well as new product innovation.
- Provides leadership and expertise to team to drive product suite development, implementation, and ongoing product life-cycle management activities
- Develops and drives product suite vision, value proposition, product strategy & road-map based on customer needs, market information
- Communicates the product suite vision & strategies, develops business cases and obtains organizational buy-in and development/enhancement funding
- Oversees team to provide technical support for product development activities, inquiries & escalated issues from home office/field associates
- Leads collaboration with internal stakeholders & other business partners to develop products & services that meet market and profit expectations
- Develops schedules/project plans to address issues; identifies action steps & resource requirements
- Identifies & recommends process improvements to senior management & leadership and works with business areas to redesign processes to support product initiatives
- Leads a project team & cross-functional areas to provide detailed business requirements /specifications for accurate product implementation & enhancements
- Manages product-related vendor relationships to ensure effective service delivery; resolves escalated service issues with LFG & vendor teams
- Negotiates win/win third-party relationship structures & terms for product management needs
- Leads a high performing team through recruiting, developing, coaching & mentoring employees
- Leads a product team to achieve product and business financial objectives; identifies, analyzes, and escalates issues and leads resolution with business partners.
- Collaborates with Pricing, Distribution, Underwriting, Claims, and other business partners to manage product and profit levers to ensure the products meet growth, revenue, expense, profit, and persistency expectations
- Oversees product direction and provides product expertise to internal business partners throughout the product life cycle, including internal and external partners to enhance sales and meet persistency and profitability objectives
- Oversees the development of product training materials; participates regularly in client and broker presentations
- Drives external thought leadership and market exposure for products and services, serves as market resource to enhance LFGs market position and credibility
Market Trends and Information
- Stays up-to-date on market & industry trends, directs research and analysis of competitive intelligence & market information to identify opportunities for innovation and support product development initiatives
- Stays up-to-date on regulatory changes that impact the product line; collaborates with internal resources to ensure products remain compliant with legislation & regulations
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for Group Products, assess the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future strategies.
- Leads cross-enterprise teams and collaborates with internal/external stakeholders to provide targeted distribution and competitively position the products/services in the market
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within the organization
Education and Experience
- 4 Year/Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors) (Minimum Required)
- 10 + years of Group Insurance experience or Employee Benefits that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities of this position.
- 5+ years of experience with assigned products preferred
- 3+ years of experience managing product financials
- A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations
- Possesses a bias for action and avoids workplace distractions
- Drives performance targets to completion
- Travel Type: National Domestic
- Travel Amount: up to 25%
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.