Alternate Locations:Gainsville, FL (Florida); Work from Home
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
As a Retirement Consultant, you will develop, implement, and maintain a business plan to achieve assigned activity and production goals that drive improved plan health and participant outcomes. You will work with an assigned book of business and be responsible for delivering retirement planning, education, and world class service to our plan sponsors and participants. This includes growing plan participation, increasing average deferral rates, asset gathering and servicing of employees in assigned territory. You will play a vital role in the growth, retention, and overall client satisfaction of our clients in the defined territory.
This is a work at home position and requires 50-75% travel within the Gainesville, FL territory.
- Provide the plan participant a great familiarity with the retirement products, services and procedures offered by Lincoln Financial Group
- Conduct presentations on topics that range from retirement plan participation and market volatility to retirement planning
- Communicate effectively with plan sponsors and clients through relationship building and customer focus
- Builds and maintains effective long-term relationships with assigned more complex Plan Sponsor/Participants to ensure a high level of satisfaction and plan retention
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of existing/targeted Plan Sponsor/Participants including targeted market segments, how they operate, and/or value proposition
- Builds and directs a more complex relationship platform by identifying senior contacts with targeted Plan Sponsor/Participants to achieve stated RPS goals and Lincolns product breadth growth
- Prepare annual client account reviews and run retirement analysis
- Submit client enrollment applications and service change forms according to process
- Maintains client interactions including one on one participant interactions and other call data in appropriate systems &/or completing assigned reports
- Maintains expense budgets to set limits
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions
- Serves as a subject matter expert to internal/external stakeholders by developing and maintaining an advanced understanding of LFGs products, services and operational structure for assigned area of responsibility
- Directs and develops business on behalf of the Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) in a manner that supports a positive company image, in compliance with all required rules and regulations and is ethical in all considerations
- Identifies, recommends and implements process improvements that reduce workloads or improve quality
- Actively participates in financial services and/or insurance industry trade organizations and finds opportunities for Lincoln to be a participant at these events by sponsorship and/or speaking opportunities
- Remains current in profession and industry trends
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: - Making suggestions for improvement - Learning new skills, procedures and processes
- 4 Year/Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors)
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- FINRA Series 6 and 63 or 66 registrations required within 60 days
- Resident State Insurance License required within 60 days
- Industry designations preferred
- 1-3+ Years of experience with retirement plan participants that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
- Solid knowledge of retirement plans and how they are established, managed and distributed -- in particular IRAs, 401(k)s, 403(b)s, and Roth IRAs
- A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations
- Drives performance targets to completion
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and logical discussions/presentations
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend processes improvements
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail
- Demonstrates advanced relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. management, peers and colleagues) and external clients
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates strong project management skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers
- Apply concepts such as probability, statistics, modeling, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions
- Works with mathematical concepts such as averages and/or variances
- Ability to evaluate information and the implications of a course of action or solution
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Evaluate trends in data or information
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret both internal and external documents such as general media/publications, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, policies, proposals, and standard operating procedures
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.