Alternate Locations: Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
This role will lead and direct the creation, promotion & implementation of strategic and actionable diversity processes and practices. He/she will drive the implementation of D&I action plans that are in alignment with the enterprise D&I strategy by advising, coaching, and collaborating with business unit leaders.
- Builds relationships with leaders, stakeholders & HR colleagues and provides guidance in developing & managing diversity programs that meet Business Unit needs and align with company-wide diversity strategy.
- Assumes leadership, ownership and accountable for diversity and inclusion business unit plans, practices and ensuring results are achieved.
- Provides strategic and pragmatic direction as needed for Diversity and Inclusion action plans and initiatives at the business unit level.
- Ensures consistency and quality of work across business units, and alignment to overall Diversity strategy.
- Directs and/or participates in the development of business-specific action plans that are in alignment with the overall Diversity & Inclusion strategy.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future strategies.
- Directs/executes approved strategy decisions and contributes to strategy creation for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides strategic direction to build and enhance the capability for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Delivers diversity and inclusion analytics results and executes diversity presentations including storyboarding, designing the presentation, creating PowerPoint documents, and presenting findings.
- Directs the strategic design, development and delivery of ideas, practices and projects using analytics.
- Monitors trends and reports on result of action plans and employee participation in D&I programs
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and directs strategic process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides training and development opportunities, including stretch assignments, for team members and gives honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent.
- Directs and evaluates individual/team performance and takes appropriate action to meet and/or exceed performance standards for assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Partners with Talent Mgmt. to develop strategies to support talent acquisition needs & demands based on current & future talent needs.
- Guides & provides subject-matter expertise to Diversity Council members comprised of business leaders to lead, advocate for & monitor the Diversity objectives.
- Serves as a change agent, consultant, influencer & SME on inclusion related issues for his/her clients.
- Acts as a catalyst for leveraging inclusion initiatives to drive sustainable business growth & opportunity.
- Provides subject matter expertise and direction to ensure broader trends and best practices are implemented at the business unit level.
- 4 Year/Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors)
- 10+ Years client relationship management or relevant experience with demonstrated abilities to develop & implement business practices in a large organization
- 3 - 5+ Years of data analysis and analytics experience.
- Executive presence; ability to establish immediate credibility at all levels, inside and outside the organization; ability to work across a range of interpersonal styles.
- Demonstrates experience in identification, assessment, implementation and communication of diversity and inclusion practices and results within a large and complex environment.
- Demonstrates an ability to anticipate future trends in diversity and inclusion and their impact on specific business units.
- Acts as a role model and demonstrate the companys core values/leadership expectations. Proven ability to lead, plan, implement, and manage change and to balance competing priorities.
- Ability to support business units by leading, managing and delivering on D&I and Business Unit Action Plans.
- Plan and prioritize the portfolio of initiatives and report progress and results to the SVP, Chief Diversity Officer and clients.
- Translate enterprise objectives into actionable plans and initiatives that deliver value add benefits to the business and enterprise.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and implement processes improvements.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). #LI-CG1
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.