Alternate Locations: Greensboro, NC (North Carolina)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
This position will provide technical leadership, subject matter expertise and direction on complex projects/initiatives for their assigned area(s) of responsibility. This position will function as a technology and service leader in the architecture, design, planning, delivery and operation of the enterprise cloud services providing deep technical expertise and experience with all Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies and solutions including; network, compute, storage, server-less compute, machine learning, artificial intelligence, managed platforms (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) within an organization.
- Lead research, proposal, design, architecture and implementation of the enterprise AWS cloud services and features supporting all AWS related Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS) and managed platforms (PaaS) including; network, compute, storage, database, security, server-less compute, content delivery, web and application hosting. Deliver overarching AWS cloud services architecture, design and implementation. Provide deep expertise and experience with integration of cloud services with on premise technologies from IBM, Microsoft, Oracle and HP.
- Lead research, design, architecture and implementation of all AWS cloud based technologies and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) technologies and services including; development and delivery of infrastructure as code using AWS CloudFormation templates, Puppet, Chef and Jenkins tools combined with JSON, YAML, Python, PHP and Ruby programming languages. Ensure repeatable, sustainable process and ensure AWS infrastructure is effectively managed in an automated fashion leveraging ServiceNow Cloud Management Module.
- Lead research and assessment of existing application portfolio and effective cloud readiness as part of strategic plan and roadmap for application cloud migrations and cloud based disaster recovery services (DRaaS). Standardize deployment activities to support security requirements; provide documentation related to cloud development activities. Lead efforts to migrate workloads from on premise to AWS and provide expertise in cloud automation and orchestration services to maintain availability of critical AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Define and execute technology strategies and roadmaps that support continuous deliver and enable DevOps capabilities using AWS technologies and services. Support the design and build of application environments on AWS, including services such as EC2, S3, ELB, RDS and DevOps tools such as GitHub, Ansible and Artifactory, in a cloud environment. Drive and deliver improvements in existing enterprise cloud design, implementation and operational integrity while expanding use of cloud based technologies and IaaS environments.
- Lead, design and deliver cloud footprint including; account management, network structure, reference architectures for different application workloads including; VPC and network structure, IAM-based security models, logging, auditing, web application technologies (multi-tier web application architecture, common protocols like TLS/HTTPS) and related AWS services. Provide leadership in infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques including application movements into the cloud including implementation of AWS within regulated business environments.
- Provide deep level subject matter expertise in AWS Cloud services, cloud connectivity, design, implementation and advanced level of support and triage. Develop and deliver solution proposal, architecture overview and as-built cloud environment, automation and application migration documentation.
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's)in Information Technology (Minimum Required)
- 3 -5 + Years of experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) Infrastructure as a Service architecture, design, engineering and implementation as related to cloud technologies, solutions and infrastructure services that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position (Required) including the following technologies;
- AWS Services such as EC2, S3, EBS, Route53, Elastic Load Balancer, Lamda, CloudFront, CloudTrail
- AWS Account, VPC, security group, Internet Gateway, Direct Connect, AWS CloudWatch and Shield services
- On-premise application integration to AWS Cloud services and migration experiences
- 3 - 5+ Years of experience in enterprise architecture, design and implementation as related to network, compute and storage technologies, solutions and infrastructure that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position (Required) including the following technologies;
- Application and system architecture, evaluation, analysis, and infrastructure assessment
- IP Network and Network Security solutions and infrastructure
- Internet and cloud connectivity design, technologies and solutions
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional (Preferred)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate (Preferred)
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.