Alternate Locations: Omaha, NE (Nebraska); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
The Assistant Vice President of Training for the Group Protection business is responsible for partnering with Lincoln’s Enterprise Talent Development organization to support the development and execution of Lincoln’s enterprise leadership and professional development strategy, developing and executing a strategic talent development plan for the Group Protection business, and providing operational leadership/oversight over the Group Protection learning function. This position will report directly to the Head of HR for the Group Protection business and have a dotted line reporting relationship into the Vice President of Talent Development for the enterprise.
- Provide leadership/oversight over the Group Protection learning function:
- Ensure top talent is hired, developed and retained. Currently 8 team members within learning function.
- Set organizational goals, objectives, and operating procedures
- Build organizational capability by providing team members with direct coaching feedback and stretch assignments
- As the lead talent development subject-matter expert within the Group Protection business and GP HR leadership team, provide ongoing strategic consultation and thought leadership around talent development
- In partnership with HR Business Partners, consult with critical stakeholders across the business to define the capabilities required to lead the Group Protection organization and assess current skill levels against those requirements
- Identify capability gaps and areas for development to be formulated as Group Protection’s strategic talent development plan
- Prioritize learning needs analysis, design, development, assessment, implementation and evaluation of training offerings to ensure alignment with business strategy; apply business scrutiny as to what to use/develop in-house vs. outsource to a vendor
- Partner with Lincoln’s Enterprise Talent Development organization to map Lincoln’s enterprise leadership and professional development offerings to Group Protection’s development priorities
- To supplement Lincoln’s enterprise learning offerings, lead the design and implementation of Group Protection specific on-boarding and talent development programs in alignment with business priorities and Lincoln’s enterprise learning principles/processes
- Manage the execution of blended learning methodologies and tools to design and promote learning and development (e.g., classroom-based learning, e-learning, virtual, on demand self-paced, experiential/stretch assignments, etc.)
- Lead the selection and management of external training and development vendors
- Engage and communicate with key stakeholders to enhance program offering awareness and utilization
- Ensure a best-in-class employee talent development experience
- Analyze/monitor the effectiveness of talent development programs/initiatives (e.g. ROI, employee engagement, etc.) to provide leadership with quantifiable gauges of results and impact of talent development strategies/programs. Identify improvement opportunities, and implement for future cycles.
- Manage the function’s budget and strategic spend associated with specific talent business talent development initiatives
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience in organization and professional development. (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors). Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of progressively increasing Talent Development experience, including experience managing a training team/function
- Extensive experience and proven success consulting with executive stakeholders on a diverse range of talent development strategies/initiatives
- Experience in collaborating effectively and leading without authority across the enterprise; coaching and advising on talent development challenges for all levels in the organization
- Extensive experience developing and conducting live instructor-led training for professional and leadership audiences
- Demonstrated knowledge of curriculum development, instructional-systems design methodologies, adult learning theory and application and eLearning concepts
- Strong understanding of talent and organization development best practices and market trends
- Experience using LMS and multimedia authoring tools to develop online learning modules
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Superior presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50% #LI-CG1
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.