Alternate Locations: Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana); Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Hartford, CT (Connecticut); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
As the Competitive Market Insights Specialist, you will consult, analyze and deliver on more complex assignments and projects for Annuity Product Management and Annuity Competitive Intelligence. You will also act as a resource to applicable internal and external stakeholders. You will be responsible for the delivery of market intelligence to the enterprise. You will be looked to for in-depth reconnaissance into the environment that Lincoln competes and to conduct more complex research and analysis of the industry, the annuity marketplace and core competitors.
- Develop increasingly complex competitive reports that provide our organization with information necessary to make important strategic business decisions. Work with leadership to communicate that message to various groups throughout the organization
- Develop and maintain network of industry contacts to proactively monitor the annuity marketplace and to ethically acquire and disseminate competitive information
- Develop and deliver standard presentations that translate analytical insights into tangible, actionable solutions for leaders and business partners
- Produce detailed comparisons of competitor product structure, rates, and features. Analyze key performance criteria for all contract types
- Provides market insights to internal stakeholders with an increasing level of knowledge expanding appropriately with job responsibilities.
- Engage in regular knowledge transfer through informal consultations with product management, business development, and management
- Share product and industry knowledge to actively participate in product development process and attend product workgroups.
- Participate in projects to solve for business problems and identifies/recommends business development opportunities
- Provide data for a variety of routine requests, including strategic planning documents and quarterly reports
- Communicate research and analysis findings to internal stakeholders for assigned areas of the business.
- Analyze and address data issues including ensuring data is carefully gathered and cleansed
- Develop analytical programming and models to manage and analyze data
- Maintain knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Promotes and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise
- initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Performs and delivers on routine assignments/projects while simultaneously leveraging and applying knowledge of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and communicates to management process improvements that reduce workloads or improve quality for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Undergraduate degree or 4+ years of comparable work experience
- 1-3+ years of experience in Annuity Product Management, Annuity Competitive Intelligence, and/or Annuity Marketing or Annuity Sales that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
- Previous experience with Tableau and or Excel Pivot Tables
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret both internal and external documents such as general media/publications, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, policies, proposals, and standard operating procedures.
- Evaluate trends in data or information. Very detail oriented.
- Ability to write correspondence, policies and proposals to various targeted audiences
- Critical thinker with an ability to analyze information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or strategy
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders across all levels
- Ability to influence outcomes without directing or commanding
- Demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and logical discussions and/or presentations
- Must be self-motivated with an independent work ethic
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize time while multitasking
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.