Alternate Locations: Omaha, NE (Nebraska)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
As the Coordinator, Claims Support, this position will perform and deliver on highly routine work for his/her assigned area(s) claims of responsibility in accordance with established procedures/guidelines. You will provide administrative support to Claims staff and implement control processes and procedures to help resolve claim errors and/or issues.
- Supports and promotes change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives
- Delivers highly routine work and provides general information, in accordance with established procedures and guidelines, in a timely manner and meets deadlines appropriately
- Performs basic task/transactions related to common programs and services by acquiring core knowledge required for the role
- Meets or exceeds departmental quality and service standards
- Sorts and delivers claims receipts to the appropriate location
- Handles returned mail by conducting research and updating systems with address changes
- Processes daily non-payment of premium reports, releases pending claims as appropriate and works with premium department to resolve issues
- Builds new non-preferred provider organizations (PPO) provider combos in claims systems
- Reviews X-ray or other records requests and coordinates distribution of hard copy from claims systems
- Reviews claims system queue daily and makes changes as necessary
- Picks up daily routing receipts and delivers to the appropriate location
- Makes copies, sends faxes, and handles filing as needed for the his/her assigned department
- Performs other administrative duties in support of claims as assigned
- Adheres to company confidentiality guidelines at all times
- Complies with all company and site policies and procedures
- Remains current in profession and industry trends
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: - Making suggestions for improvement - Learning new skills, procedures and processes
- Performs other duties as required
- Works overtime as needed
- High School or GED (Minimum Required)
- Demonstrates good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret internal documents such as but not limited to policy and procedures and standard operating procedures
- Works with mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, averages and/or variances
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Demonstrates ability to evaluate information and the implications of a course of action or solution.
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements
- Demonstrates ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates solid relationship management skills with internal and/or clients (e.g. management, peers, colleagues, customers, etc.)
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks while maintaining speed of work, accuracy and attention to detail without loss to productivity
- Demonstrates organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills with a collaborative style
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.