Alternate Locations: Portland, OR (Oregon); Seattle, WA (Washington)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About The Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE:LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $222 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2015.
As a Group Benefits Sales Representative, you are responsible for establishing and maintaining strong business relationships with employee benefits specialists and group insurance brokerage markets in an assigned territory to insure company participation in all appropriate employer group client proposal opportunities. You will achieve or exceed annual new sales quoting and sold case objectives and assist in the conservation of inforce business to assist in achieving desired renewal conservation levels desired by Company.
- Consistently meets or exceeds established annual quoting, sold case and premium objectives
- Consistently meets or exceeds annual office business plan objective
- Responsible for establishment of new employee benefit specialists and group insurance broker relationships and for nurturing these relationships to optimize case quoting and potential sold case opportunities
- Maintains positive relationships with all home office service team members
- Communicates with and educates Brokers and clients on LFG service model, policies and procedures
- Consistently conducts business on behalf of Lincoln Financial Group in a manner that supports a positive company image, is in compliance with all required rules and regulations and is ethical in all considerations
- Assists regional office and Group Protection in achieving desired Model Office best practices objectives
- Ensures effective processing of all sold cases from time of sale to issuance
- Evaluates all sold case information using established underwriting guidelines to determine Policyholder eligibility
- Participates in and/or oversees effective implementation meetings as necessary
- Negotiates with brokers on quotes and renewals to assist Underwriting Team
- Ensures that applications and all forms are in compliance with state and federal regulations, underwriting guidelines and company policies and procedures
- Adheres to budget guidelines as directed by Regional Director
- Adheres to market conduct requirements and maintains client and broker confidentiality
- Works with Sales Specialists to ensure the proper collection and maintenance of accurate producer and distributor information. Verifies that producers have current resident or non-resident license(s) and are appointed based on appropriate state regulations.
- Screens amendment requests for specific plan design, effective date, options and commissions. Ensures completion of New Business Old Credit form for sales credit as applicable.
- Works with Sales Specialists to ensure that all missing information is gathered from clients and brokers to ensure quotes, sold cases and amendments are complete prior to submission to the Omaha office
- Refer all service problems/questions from Brokers and clients regarding claims and in-force cases to the Omaha office for resolution
- Maintains all necessary State insurance licenses for valid insurance business solicitation activities
Undergraduate degree or 4+ years of comparable work experience; education concentration in Business or Marketing is preferred
Life and Health license required
- 0-1+ years of experience in Sales that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
- Proficiency in Communication including presentations, Problem solving, and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations
- Possesses a bias for action and avoids workplace distractions
- Drives performance targets to completion
- Must be able to travel up to 90% domestically #LI-POST
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.