Alternate Locations: Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania); Work from Home
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
As the Sr. Technology Trainer, you will provide subject matter expertise and direction on complex projects/initiatives for assigned area(s). You will lead design, development, implementation, and delivery of digital as well as instructor-led training programs to support the training and development needs of assigned area(s). You will collaborate with leaders and stakeholders from across the business to ensure learning programs support and drive achievement of business goals and objectives.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solution.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Provides direction on complex assignments, projects, and/or initiatives to build and enhance the capability of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging e-learning training developments/trends and collaborates with management to incorporate these in current and future learning solutions
- Serves as a subject matter expert in coaching team members and/or internal stakeholders
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: - Making suggestions for improvement - Learning new skills, procedures and processes
- Leads the development and delivery of training programs and content via a variety of traditional methods as well as technology systems and applications
- Leads the development of engaging training material, manuals, and visual aids by leveraging and applying knowledge of adult learning principles
- Exemplifies a customer-centric focus in collaborating with business stakeholders at all levels to understand business and operational needs/changes and desired learning outcomes
- Provides guidance to define problems/issues, and develop innovative solutions; presents recommendations to management and key stakeholders
- Oversees the development and implementation of valid and reliable assessment tools to identify training needs
- Oversees the evaluation of training effectiveness through post-training assessment as well as job performance; leverages complex metrics and analysis to identify training gaps
- Directs the updating and improvement of training materials, content, and delivery to ensure learning transfer and maximize positive impact to the business
- Advises stakeholders on approaches to encourage utilization of learning management systems (LMS)
- Leads multiple, concurrent training projects and teams; also represents the interests of his/her assigned area/team on broader projects/initiatives, including technical, procedural and IT related
- Maintains a high level of accuracy in content, spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- 4 Year/Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience in Instructional Design/Technology or related Training/Development field
- 5 – 7+ Years’ experience in Instructional Design and/or Training that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet
- Proven strong experience in Salesforce preferred
- Knowledge of Quark, InDesign, Photoshop, Articulate, Captivate and/or Adobe Acrobat is strongly preferred
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret both internal and external documents such as general media/publications, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, policies, proposals, and standard operating procedures
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and logical discussions/presentations
- Apply concepts such as probability, statistics, modeling, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions
- Works with mathematical concepts such as averages and/or variances
- Ability to analyze complex information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Evaluate trends in data or information.
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend processes improvements
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among senior/executive management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.